Just gotta say....offseason

Discussion in 'NASCAR' started by mghtx, Dec 23, 2008.

1. mghtx

mghtx 2000 Man

Last year was my first year with Sirius and I loved the offseason and this year is great. Especially at christmas time.

We still get our race talk but all the host seem to relax more and tell stories. Plus hearing all the christmas classics is fun.

This mornings TMD was fantastic and speedway (that' on as I write) is great.

semipenguin likes this.
  2. DexterMorgan

DexterMorgan Active Member

I think TMD has been exponentially more entertaining in the off season than at most points of the season. The shooting the chipmunks is the funniest thing ive heard since Bagley doing play by play on Beyonce falling down the stage.

3. Snoozer

Snoozer Well-Known Member

You're right it keeps my race fix satisfied. I like to catch the afternoon shows and weekend ones.
    Still, I wish I could listen to the morning drive at work. :(

4. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNATQANryFc]YouTube - Marty on the Mountain, one last time from Mt. Washington[/ame]

:)

5. foyt

foyt Member

6. Dave Moody

Dave Moody Member

Stand down, Marine...

7. DexterMorgan

Who is this lunatic and what is his importance?

8. SubmarineMike

SubmarineMike Member

Umm dave it's Back er down Marine LOL

9. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

You must have missed Tuesday's Sirius Speedway. Moody was talking about Marty Engstrom and his weather telecast from the top of Mt. Washington.

Moody was talking about all the snow they used to get when he was a kid and how they would build tunnels in the snow from one house to another. Then the subject of Marty came up. Really funny stuff. Kinda like the cold in Edmonton...:)

10. DexterMorgan

Its cold here, but we dont get anywhere close to the snow that people get on the east coast. LIke when you have to call in the army to help with the weather, you know its dire.;

11. fishy

fishy Member

Be easy on Marty, he's the greatest weatherman that ever lived! He only looked challenged, he's actually a genius and the silly grin was always for the benefit of the TV audience.
    I grew up with WMTW and Marty. We also had "TV" Tom Elliman on the same channel. I bet Dave remembers Tom and probably has some stories about him also.