Jennifer Witz finally realizes SiriusXM is more than in the car....the big meeting on Nov 8

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Kelly Clarkson will have a channel, there's a new James Corden thing and lower prices!

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008

With the launch of the new app next month, the company will be introducing new ‘guest DJ channel takeovers’ from over 160 popular artists and bands, ranging from Olivia Rodrigo and Cardi B to Alice Cooper and Luke Combs.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
So this will be a totally different separate app than we have now or will our existing app just update to this.
(I just scanned through the article and may have missed the answer to my question)

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
The current app is going to get a major update. And a lot of channels you might listen to are going to be app only or if you have the 360 capabilities in the car you might be able to get those too. Deep Tracks is moving to the 300's. As is Rock Bar.

Reactions: goreds2

MonoStereo

May 12, 2020
Kansas City
With the launch of the new app next month, the company will be introducing new ‘guest DJ channel takeovers’ from over 160 popular artists and bands, ranging from Olivia Rodrigo and Cardi B to Alice Cooper and Luke Combs.
This could not have less appeal for me.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
This could not have less appeal for me.
I too am mostly not a fan of musicians pontificating on music, but occasionally there's a good one. What comes to mind is when Pat Carney (of The Black Keys) took "total control" of one of the channels I listen to - either XMU, Alt Nation, or Spectrum - and played a good mix of cool stuff. He introduced me to this OG of punk:

Iggy & The Stooges - Loose

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Howard is NOT in his own category. He being the guy who was unhappy that Andy Co-HEN's photo was up on the wall behind Jennifer Witz.

Ok...this sucks. If you accidentally close the app, I'm not sure how to have it resume playing upon startup like the old one. As of now, you need to navigate back to that channel.

And apparently the "restart show" option is gone. If there's some special show from 10 to 10:30 say, you used to be able to restart the show if it was still playing. Now, it seems it's the "go back one hour" no matter what.

Ok ...the new format of Howard 101 isn't good. If you want to start a show late and skip through commercials, enjoy your 15-sec skip and that's it.

Last edited:

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
SiriusXM Subreddit laying out a laundry list of issues with the first release, but I understand it does work with Siri now. Anyone confirm?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I've been using the app this morning. It's a bit glitchy at the moment.
It's been on all morning and the now-playing songs on each station never update.
I'm assuming that there will be some bugs that get worked out over the first couple of weeks.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I've been using the app this morning. It's a bit glitchy at the moment.
It's been on all morning and the now-playing songs on each station never update.
I'm assuming that there will be some bugs that get worked out over the first couple of weeks.

Company says "New app coming on future date."

Wouldn't the bugs be worked out?

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Here are the details. The new app offers a "seamless listening experiece" – so SiriusXM is ignoring those of us who like seams.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Here are the details. The new app offers a "seamless listening experiece" – so SiriusXM is ignoring those of us who like seams.

I suppose everyone needs a bullet to jump in front of. Weren’t for complaints they’d be a mute.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I’m just using the web-interface at work, not a dedicated app, and yes, I’d expect it to be running better on release. It’s not like it’s new tech or anything. After lunch, it wasn’t even showing what was playing on any channel other than the one I was listening to. That makes it difficult to know what channel to instantly switch to when the Smiths come on.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Here's my issue:
I normally listen to 101 on a delay.
At 2pm, I switch to the daily Pearl Jam show.
When it ends, I switch back to 101 and go back to where I left off. Once I get to a repeat of the Wrap-Up Show and Sternthology, I skip ahead, since I already heard those parts.

I think I'm effed.

• Sad
Reactions: sadchild

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Pausing, skipping and rewinding are useless now but at least the song titles are showing up today,
You used to be able to arrange the icons for your favorite channels and that is gone now. The icons are giant and fonts are small. The click to play button for each station is tiny. I haven't tried it on my phone or iPad yet, so it may work better there.
It's certainly a step backwards for the web interface.