IT

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by Aaron, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I was just reading on Wikipedia about "IT", the program that XM used to run on its decade channels. Sounds like something I would have enjoyed!

Any idea if this will ever happen on SiriusXM?

Here is the quote from Wiki...

2. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

IT was great. Hopefully, it will come back.

Wikipedia states it lasts about a month. With the SIRIUS DJ's, it would take 6 to 8 weeks. :right:

3. bwaldron

bwaldron Member

Agreed.

4. Music_Rube

Music_Rube Member

IT was definitely the greatest thing about XM Radio...this special needs to be run on the new Sirius XM.

5. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

It used to be used as an excuse for the DJ's to take time off and go on vacation...LOL!...:D

6. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I remember hearing DJs during IT.

IT was a great concept. I of course only listened when it went through the years 1978-1985 as that music resonated the most with me. They did cancel other stuff like Casey during the time it occupied that channel.

7. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

The first time I heard IT must have been around Dec 2002. I was a big 80s on 8 listener back then and Bruce Kelly was pimping it. It wasn't called it at the time. It was called something else. Then next year they started calling it, IT...:shock:

Yup. I was right...:)

That first year it was nothing but songs. No DJ's. I only wanted to listen to the 80s part and when it got to the 80s, I couldn't stand it. I mean playing every song that charted in the 80s? It was a nightmare. Having to listen to songs that charted once at 38th and then was gone the next week. I never heard that song before, and I didn't want to hear it then...:confused: