Is SBS finally dead??

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by me_rubin, Nov 13, 2008.

1. me_rubin

me_rubin Member

I think the SBS web site is finnally dead. I know it's been slow over the last 6 months, but I go there about once a week and today it does not come up at all....

Did someone pull the plug?

It's a shame to lose all those informational posts....

May it RIP...

2. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

That or it's getting slammed with traffic over the new update and it's putting the site temporarily out of commission.

3. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I have not gone there in a week or so, but my understanding is that hosting service needed to be paid. So perhaps that didn't happen and so now it is indeed gone. We'll know over the next few days if it comes back up or not. But this maybe it!

4. me_rubin

me_rubin Member

If you leave the browser long enough on the site you eventually get a database error.

[​IMG]

I think it needs rebooting.... MM you are the technical staff... were you really notified?

Attached Files:

5. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

Heh - the real question to MM would be "Do you care, anymore?" :)

6. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

MM already said he would do nothing in the tribute thread.

7. HarleyJoel

HarleyJoel Member

I tried it yesterday and wasn't able to get anything. RIP SBS. <- There's the tribute.

8. Supafly

Supafly Member

They sent me an email wishing me a happy birthday yesterday. Still thinking of others when your site's bellyup. Touching.

9. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

Rest easy, SBS. Now...on with the show.

10. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

I had about 47 posts and didn't go to often, but it's a shame to see it go. I know a lot of people were there for years.

11. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I tried checking out the site couple of days ago and I think it finally dead.

12. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

This is what I just got:

WordPress

It doesn't look like you've installed WP yet. Try running install.php.

13. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

On the night of the change there was extremely heavy activity on XMFAN. It crashed. I suspect SBS also got the load and crashed. XMFAN has an active owner/administrator and promptly rebooted it and it came back. SBS does not. It is still dead. IF the owner notices, he could probably fix it with a simple reboot. Obviously he could not care less.

Goodbye SBS. But this forum is as good or better.

14. AZJoe

AZJoe Member

Siriusbackstage is gone! RIP

SBS I noticed is no more, not a shock to anyone as it had a slow, agonizing death in 2008!!
    R.I.P. SBS, it was great while it lasted, thanks to all those who were a part of it and great to see most of you here!:cool:

15. mch

mch Member

I was just there a few days ago and found the links to this place. I guess now that I moved over, it served it's purpose. ;)

16. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

17. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Yeah for 7.5 years many of us spent a many an hour there. It was the place to be at one time. Too bad the end had to come like this.

I am just glad most of our community found there way here before it actually shut down. Strange that it happened 1 month a couple of days after we started DRC. I guess we timed this decision just right or we'd all be scattered right now trying to figure out what to do.

I want to thank Taylor for putting up the funds for DRC!

18. PACanesFan

PACanesFan Member

A moment of silence for the few who didn't make it out of SBS alive...

19. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Actually no that isn't the case at all, because there are folks that logged in after the big crunch. This thing went down right at midnight last night.

It is my opinion the site has been shut down for non-payment for the hosting services and was promptly shut down at midnight. I can't confirm that though!

By the way I merged a couple of threads on this same topic!

20. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

Thanks DAB on merging the threads. Just trying to help out with your Housekeeping Note.