Is Led Zeppelin the first multicast channel?

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by Tgajr, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Tgajr

Tgajr Member

Its going to be on both services. If its the same broadcast to both XM and Sirius that would be a first! Especially since it doesn't require the Worst of XM!

2. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Except for the week long Halloween channel, it probably is.

3. AZJoe

AZJoe Member

No, the AC/DC channel was and is the first multicast channel. Its been on both for over a month.

4. Manco

Manco Active Member

I've enjoyed the AC/DC channel, now I'm checking out Led Zepplin on Dish 6012

5. no1hedberg

no1hedberg Member

Don't forget Chris Russo's channel is being multicast.

6. Tgajr

Tgajr Member

Sirius XM

Well this is the first multicast channel I have ever listened to. I like hearing the Sirius XM jingle, gives me a feeling of finality regarding the merger.

7. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Its the 3rd of many. I sincerely hope that they figure out how to correctly populate XM PAD data before Nov 12th.

8. syphix

syphix Member

Not yet...his SHOW is simulcasted, but the channels (SIRIUS Sports Central, XM Sports Nation) are not. They will be soon, with the creation of "Mad Dog Radio" (perhaps Nov. 12th?).

9. acap

acap Member

Is Led Zeppelin coming from XM?

10. AZJoe

AZJoe Member

It is coming from NYC Sirius.

11. acap

acap Member

So is Lou Brutus even the PD?

12. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

This is the one area of XM's system that isn't on par with Sirius. Why they designed their system with the stupid 16 character limitation makes no sense. If Sirius uses the full 36 characters that their system supports to do the PAD info then it will always cut off at 16 characters on XM tuners. Sirius will need to add that extended field data, which is what newers XM tuners support. Sirius currently doesn't have such a field in use. So this is a technical issue that will have to be resolved between the two systems.