iOS 5.1

Wolf

Rainbow Sherbet WILL ALWAYS BE ICE CREAM!
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
I haven't really tested the battery yet, by normally listening to music. I have been playing more games on the phone and noticed the battery bar didn't go down.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Tell you guys one thing, I have noticed a big improvement in battery life today. Usually by now I am down well under 50% and I am sitting here at 72%. I have used my phone a good bit today as well, so I am one happy camper!

I am heading on vacation tommorow and am debating on whether to upgrade first and risk issues or after. This may push it to today.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
I would say do it. I downloaded yesterday and have reported no issues.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I am heading on vacation tommorow and am debating on whether to upgrade first and risk issues or after. This may push it to today.

Much as you gripe about battery life! Duh, its a no brainer... Of course you want to upgrade! This has been one of the most tested updates that Apple has put out in awhile.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Much as you gripe about battery life! Duh, its a no brainer... Of course you want to upgrade! This has been one of the most tested updates that Apple has put out in awhile.

I have upgraded my allleged iPhone4. Jury still out on battery life improvements.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Noticed a bit better battery life on the iPod Touch, too.

bigdaddyII

Oct 13, 2008
Southern Louisiana
Okay guys, long time Blackberry loyalist here that just jumped ship to the iOS. Could someone break down the process or direct me to upgrading my phone? I just checked and the 5.1 update is available, but i cant download it as there is no wifi at work. Im not sure about this phone but on my Blackberrys an OTA update was the worst route. Would iTunes be better? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Okay guys, long time Blackberry loyalist here that just jumped ship to the iOS. Could someone break down the process or direct me to upgrading my phone? I just checked and the 5.1 update is available, but i cant download it as there is no wifi at work. Im not sure about this phone but on my Blackberrys an OTA update was the worst route. Would iTunes be better? Thanks

No help on the upgrade advice, but your have no wifi at work?? Are you employed as a smithee in a historic recreation or something?

bigdaddyII

Oct 13, 2008
Southern Louisiana
No help on the upgrade advice, but your have no wifi at work?? Are you employed as a smithee in a historic recreation or something?

You dont realize how close you are lol. All of our computers are connected to a corporate server that services 20 subsidiaries. We do have a switch but nothing wireless.

syphix

Oct 15, 2008

The delta update via wifi on your iPhone is quicker, as it only downloads about 180mb. The full upgrade available via iTunes is much larger (around 770mb, IIRC). I went the wifi route on my wife's iPhone and it was a breeze: download, it unpacks itself, reboots to install, then reboots again..done. I unjailbroke my phone when updating via iTunes...but the download took forever on my very slow, rural 2.5mbps DSL. Now waiting for the 5.1 untethered jailbreak...

AZDude

Oct 18, 2008
Mesa, AZ
Even after pressing the home key and power button at once? Usually that fixes it.

That sounds like the procedure to do a screen capture. Do you mean holding those buttons down until it reboots? Anyway, I did not think of doing that.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
That sounds like the procedure to do a screen capture. Do you mean holding those buttons down until it reboots? Anyway, I did not think of doing that.

Yes, HOLDING not pressing. Mix up on my part, but yeah, that should reset the phone and fix the problem.