Invasion Of The Manatees

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
ok time to shut drc down. there will never be another thread that can top this:

Rush of more than 300 manatees force Three Sisters Springs wildlife park to close | Daily Mail Online

this place is 300 miles away from me, otherwise id already be there.

2548B8B800000578-0-image-a-39_1422937223893.jpg

2548B8BC00000578-0-image-a-40_1422937230744.jpg

i dont know why i love these things so much, i guess its cause they are friendly oaf looking beasts and seem to have no real purpose in life other then eating and being awesome to looks at.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
You're going to let 300 miles keep you from sharing your love with more than 300 manatees? What happened to you, dude? You used to be cool.

not even joking i thought about it. i do have friends in tampa that i could probably stay with for a night or two and tampas about 85 miles from my manatees. but i have to work tomorrow and also the article says the park is closed for them to sort it all out so id have to break in.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
That doesn't sound like the Koopman I know.

Before I'm accused of using my moderator powers for evil, here's the original quote. And the Koopman I know would steal a car, speed to the park, crash the gates and get stoned with the 'tees.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Boy! This is what you do.
Get some hip boots, a khaki vest with lots of pockets, a floppy hat and a clipboard.
Walk in like you own the place. Tell them you're from "The Institute." Don't give them a chance to ask which one. Immediately tell them you need a desk with wi-fi and black coffee. If anyone asks your name or for your ID, just say " I see.....what was your name?" and write it down on the 4th page in your clipboard. DO NOT LET THEM SEE THE CLIPBOARD!

Next, grab your cell phone and call your own voicemail. Put it on speaker. Leave yourself a long outgoing message that says things like "Listen, we sent you there to make sure this is done correctly." "We're paying you a lot of money to protect these animals from the locals." and "Get this locked down, and we'll get you back to your work saving the Galapagos Penguins. Your data is encouraging." Be sure to hang up before the beep.

Next, with clipboard in hand, walk to the door. Pause. Turn back to the room and say, "I need 45 minutes alone to assess the site without interruption." Pause again. (Slightly longer than a Shatner, but no audible like Obama.) then walk out and close the door behind you.

Go to the pond.

Observe the manatees in all of their natural splendor. Then hump as many as you possibly can before they figure out you're a fraud and have you arrested.

You're welcome.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Manatees no longer endangered, then lets whip out our guns and nets and have some new food, I think they may taste like a cow?

ur a jerk! :mad:

manatees are meant to be observed/enjoyed while in their natural habitat.

Reactions: Wolf