Interesting take on OSU v. UM and satellite radio subscribers

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
If you count Sirius + XM subscribers, there's about 18-20 million, right? I know there's people that subscribe to both, and the fact that unsold cars actually count towards the count, so I'm aware of how unaccurate that number is.

But, i'm watching the Ohio State - Michigan football game, and they just said that there have been about 7.527 million fans have watched OSU v Michigan in person since 1927.

You'd have to take away 4-6 MILLION satellite radio subscribers, and you'd still have double the number of people who've seen OSU v. UM since 1927.

Interesting.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
If you count Sirius + XM subscribers, there's about 18-20 million, right? I know there's people that subscribe to both, and the fact that unsold cars actually count towards the count, so I'm aware of how unaccurate that number is.

But, i'm watching the Ohio State - Michigan football game, and they just said that there have been about 7.527 million fans have watched OSU v Michigan in person since 1927.

You'd have to take away 4-6 MILLION satellite radio subscribers, and you'd still have double the number of people who've seen OSU v. UM since 1927.

Interesting.

Did you do some tailgating before the game? :p

That is 80 something games which would be just under a hundred thousand a game. That is a lot of people. :yesshake:

joe2k4

Nov 12, 2008
Cable took awhile to start up to. I think overall Sat radio is doing well, in fact it is killing HD radio, but no one talks about how poor HD radio is, so whatever.

Oct 29, 2008
Cable took awhile to start up to. I think overall Sat radio is doing well, in fact it is killing HD radio, but no one talks about how poor HD radio is, so whatever.

Actually HD radio is killing itself. Sat radio has nothing to do with that. Come to think of it. Sat radio is doing a pretty good job of killing itself right now as well. Go figure...... It's all about internet radio "on the go" right now. HD nor Sat can keep up with it.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Did you do some tailgating before the game? :p

That is 80 something games which would be just under a hundred thousand a game. That is a lot of people. :yesshake:

I'll admit, I was one of many (or few??) that didn't have a ticket. :( I did drive up to a tailgate after the game ended, but after about 15 minutes of being in the cold with a coat, sweatshirt, and scarf on, it was still damn cold. Maybe I shoulda put my hat on. ;)

I watched at home with the furnace on. :) I actually got the numbers straight from the ABC broadcast.

Each stadium currently holds between 100,000-111,000.

Big Ten attendances do count EVERYONE in the stadium. Food vendors, security, police janitors, i'm sure they're ALL counted as attendance... Not that it matters for our figures, because they're all "watching" the game at some point.

Still, it's an interesting set of numbers no matter how you cut it.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Actually HD radio is killing itself. Sat radio has nothing to do with that. Come to think of it. Sat radio is doing a pretty good job of killing itself right now as well. Go figure...... It's all about internet radio "on the go" right now. HD nor Sat can keep up with it.

I never hear anything about that, either.

I hear about iPods, mp3s, but I don't hear much about bluetooth iPhones constantly connected to website.com with the unlimited data plan.