Image in signature?

starmate

Oct 13, 2008
Frederick, MD.
Will we be able to add an image in our signatures?

Im sure if you just do the
it can be done. Granted its hosted on a img site that dosent run out after so many views like photobucket has.
But if your asking if images can be uploaded on this site, Then no, as of now it cannot be done.

Davis

Oct 10, 2008
No, I was asking for the functionality to put an image in a signature (It has 0 to do with uploading an image). This would be similar to a post (putting the
tags around the link).

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
The forum staff will discuss this and make a decision. I have to say I will vote NO on this because in many forums where this is allowed, it just turns into a mess. Now if anyone wants to send me donations to change my vote, I can provide you my email address for Paypal. heheehe :)

Davis

Oct 10, 2008
Really? I have only seen it available in three forums and it was setup such that you could only have one (and the size was limited). This limited the bandwidth.

What do you mean by it just turns into a mess? People were just making a huge (large in bandwidth) signature?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Yes to all the above and the question is what does it really add to the forum? You have a avatar and I think anything else you need to say in a siggy file can be said in text. Again that is my view, we'll see what the staff wants to do and I will yield to what the bulk of them want to do.

Plus I am trying to get some donations DAWGS!!! LOL

Last edited:

Davis

Oct 10, 2008
It adds just as much as an avatar/signature/user title/profile picture/reps/etc... adds....little to nothing. I wouldn't use one (at least I have yet to use one) so I'm not a good person to give a reason. I was just curious if this would be a feature.

Davis

Oct 10, 2008
When I have seen it used, people made a very nice banner type image that, basically, was a collage of themselves. I always loved seeing what creative things people could do with images (I have zero creativity). It just dawned on me that I haven't seen any of that here and I know we have to have some great photo shop people. That made me wonder if it was possible (so I tried it) and then ask if it was be available.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
In SBS I had a banner in my sig and I seen some others which to me it was clean and messy. But I can go along with DAB some people banners can be just messy and huge, which I have seen on other people forums sites. I know one site where some people have like seven images in there sig and it kinda gets very annoying to me!

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
At this time we are not going to allow pics in your signature.

Please move along, nothing to see here.

Brian

Banned
Oct 12, 2008
If someone has a large sig image, just remove it. That's the easiest solution to the problem of large images.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Actually its a lot eaiser just not to allow it, then that is just one less thing you have to worry about managing. However, I think the decision for now has been made.