"I'm in a bad mood today. Think I'll get out of this contract early"

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I know it's part of Howard schtick to periodically threaten to quit before the contract is over but every time he does it a brief silence descends upon the studio (in my head at least) and Robin ... who clearly is ready to do the whole contract.. makes some kind of weak joke or weak laugh followed by Fred. When Howard does that, he has not the slightest care in the world about the nervous staff which he periodically undermines with comments about their employability on the outside. He actually expects them to encourage him to do it.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I know it's part of Howard schtick to periodically threaten to quit before the contract is over but every time he does it a brief silence descends upon the studio (in my head at least) and Robin ... who clearly is ready to do the whole contract.. makes some kind of weak joke or weak laugh followed by Fred. When Howard does that, he has not the slightest care in the world about the nervous staff which he periodically undermines with comments about their employability on the outside. He actually expects them to encourage him to do it.

yes im sure the staff hears that and has to think twice but also yes he has been doing that ever since i started listening in 97. i would guess even after this contract ends he will still be on the radio in some sort of capacity that keeps all the main back office people working for him.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
yes im sure the staff hears that and has to think twice but also yes he has been doing that ever since i started listening in 97. i would guess even after this contract ends he will still be on the radio in some sort of capacity that keeps all the main back office people working for him.

howard has that massive staff. there's no way he's gonna get out of his contract early because of them. it would be a major "fuck you" to the entire staff if he did though.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
After this HORRENDOUS DJ WHOO KID bit with Sal and John Lieberman rap battling I wish they would fire him right now.

This is the worst radio I have ever heard. College Radio is better than this.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
After this HORRENDOUS DJ WHOO KID bit with Sal and John Lieberman rap battling I wish they would fire him right now.

There's Jason Ellis repeats in the morning on Starts Too. I usually flip over to that if I'm not enjoying what is on the Stern Show.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
There's Jason Ellis repeats in the morning on Starts Too. I usually flip over to that if I'm not enjoying what is on the Stern Show.

Oh yes, changed the channel. We're on ALT Nation right now.

For a show that was once so great--they should all be MORTIFIED that this made it to air.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Random thoughts for today's show:

More AGT talk today.

"So, everyone was watching the debate while I had a debate in my head if I should go on AGT next year or not. If I do go, then I'll stay busy. If I don't go, I'll see someone else on the show and wish it was me."

...and I swear he said the same thing at the beginning and end of today's show, but he must have said it during yesterday's show, or maybe I'm dreaming it happened twice.

Meanwhile, someone called in to yesterday's show and suggested that Howard should focus on the radio career for the next three years, then go on TV. Of course, Howard had no idea what the guy's point was, to which Robin agreed, before they kind of half-assed guessed at it.

------------------

Today's "third debate should be in 3D" discussion was mind-boggling:
1) A very, VERY, VERY small percentage of the US actually watches 3D TV, considering most people just spent several thousand upgrading their TVs in the past few years and they have NO incentive to upgrade to 3D. It helps the "Howard is super-rich, with the HowieCopter to the Hamptons" crowd prove their point.

2) I'm surprised he actually knows what 3DTV is. Maybe TechnoBeaver and Ralph helped him on that one.

I can just see Howard actually installing 3D.
"So I decided to get 3DTV, Robin."
"Oh, really? I was thinking about it too."
"Let me tell you how much of a rigamarole it is. OY VEY! The guy needs to come out and install another box which needs more holes in the wall, so he's over there and the cat is going nuts at the drilling sound. Then he runs more wires, only those wires aren't long enough, so those wires needed to be pulled out. After THAT all happens, which is about 45 minutes later, the box is installed, only it needs to download software updates, so that's another 25 minutes! Then you need to go through all these menus and menus and menus of settings."
"Yeah, I spent about $1500 on installation."

Robin: "Ok, maybe I won't get it."

THREE WEEKS LATER:

Robin: "Yeah, I finally got 3DTV and I agree! It's a HUGE hassle."

...meanwhile, the rest of us just call our TV providers, and we're up and running 10 minutes later.

----------------------

Howard said they had football and baseball up against the debate. He said they should go to a Tuesday night. He said they must have the same person setting that up who scheduled AGT.

...Because we all know Howard would watch NFL and MLB, right? (Even HE'S kidding himself by that point.)

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I know I always say this but I could have SWORE he was totally kidding and being sarcastic about the debate being in 3D

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Robin already has a 3dtv...that howard bought her..I think.. He told a story a month or so ago where he went over to her house and she spent 'an hour' trying to find a 3d movie that wasn't in spanish to watch.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule

And agreed. It was a terrible segment. I fast forwarded past it.

it was that bad? im just listening to mondays show now. there are no guests and i usually dig those shows EDIT: oh check that, the counting crows are in on monday.

Robin already has a 3dtv...that howard bought her..I think.. He told a story a month or so ago where he went over to her house and she spent 'an hour' trying to find a 3d movie that wasn't in spanish to watch.

yea i remember that. plus when he got it for her he did a sneaky move with cpt dennis to install it in her house without her having any idea. and since they are both super rich she must have had one of those deals where u hit a button and the tv comes up from the chest. must have been a cool surprise for her.

Last edited:

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
it was that bad? im just listening to mondays show now. there are no guests and i usually dig those shows EDIT: oh check that, the counting crows are in on monday.

It was terrible. And for me to say that I think it's gotta be pretty bad. ;) They interviewed the two DJs or rappers before the contest and I couldn't last through that. There's so much alpha male posturing with that type its ridiculous, you could tell almost everything he was saying was BS and it wasn't even funny or interesting.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
It was terrible. And for me to say that I think it's gotta be pretty bad. ;) They interviewed the two DJs or rappers before the contest and I couldn't last through that. There's so much alpha male posturing with that type its ridiculous, you could tell almost everything he was saying was BS and it wasn't even funny or interesting.

hmm...honestly im looking forward to this train wreck now. i wondering how far i will get into it before i start to hate my ears.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
yea i remember that. plus when he got it for her he did a sneaky move with cpt dennis to install it in her house without her having any idea. and since they are both super rich she must have had one of those deals where u hit a button and the tv comes up from the chest. must have been a cool surprise for her.

My brother's friend has a projector without a screen. The shows just display on the white wall.

Hearing about Robin's "chest TV" sounds like some sort of Little Mikey song parody in the making.