IE9 vs FireFox 7

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Biaviian, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Biaviian

Biaviian Well-Known Member

I can't understand why they are comparing themselves to FireFox 7. Also, why are they proud of the number of attacks they block. That simply means they are attacked more often.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

semipenguin likes this.
  2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I'm more interested in the ones that got past the goalie.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

semipenguin likes this.
  3. Biaviian

I was a bit drunk when I posted that last night (I was at a charity golf outing with kegs on every 3rd hole) so I didn't notice the percentages. I can't believe they are true percentages though. I use nothing but FireFox (unless I need to test something for my job) and have never been a victim of an attack.

4. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

I use chrome now for most things.

5. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

Are we talking about names for BMF's son again?

6. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

I have to think that most large companies don't make the extra effort to mass install FF or Chrome or allow it's employees to do so.

IE HAS to be moderatly stable in order for business to operate with a modicum of faith that it won't fall prety to attack.

7. Biaviian

That still doesn't answer the question as to why they are comparing themselves to FF7. Why compare your newest version to FF7 which is 5 version ago.

8. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Ooooh, I see what you're saying. Oops.

9. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

If the chart was made last October, FF7 was the most used version at that time.

10. Biaviian

I realize that but they just stared this marketing campaign. There is no reason, other than laziness or to be misleading, to start a marketing campaign with an 8-month old image.

11. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

OK. I've never seen their marketing campaigns. I use Firefox and I block ads. :)

12. Biaviian

Yeah I do too unless I am having to test a portal issue. Then I'm stuck on IE.

13. Vols44

Vols44 Well-Known Member

I'm consumed with Chrome's speed. I do use Firefox for interweb listening since the lastest version of Flash isn't enabling my listening needs.