I removed my avatar from SBS. RIP, good friend.

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by MAJ Badmotherfarker, Oct 12, 2008.

1. MM

MM Administrator

You forgot to add with the DRC!!!!!! :D

2. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

True dat ;)

3. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Having a hard time remembering what it's called when I'm away from the computer!

DRC... DRC... DRC

4. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Aaron don't feel too bad. I am the one that came up with the Digital Radio Central name and when I got word that the forum was up, I had to ask MM what the URL was. I had tried digitalradiocenter.com and digitalradiocenter.net. None of them worked. DUH it is digitalradiocentral. LOL

Digital for all the current technology out there, which is digital.
    Radio for Sat, Internet, HD Testical, which are also all digital.
    Central, because we want to be the central location for all these digital technologies.

5. MM

MM Administrator

That was pretty funny. :)

6. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut Well-Known Member

Listen...if you guys are going to pull the plug on SBS then could you guys save the series I did for the Channel 9 shows? I got through ten shows I believe, but I've just been slammed for time to do what is required for posting those shows. I would do it here if the plug is going to be pulled over there, but is there any way those files could be saved over on this site?

Just wondering....

7. MM

MM Administrator

I would get them as soon as you can.

What do you need me to do?

8. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

My guess is our prepaid advertising time is up or about to be up soon over there. I just hope if Ryan has anymore thoughts he contacts us to figure something out.

9. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Channel 9 shows? Can you direct us to a link and we can see if there is anything we can do to pull the info? I don't know I am lost on this one.

10. me_rubin

me_rubin Member

I'm Starting to see digitalradiocentral links in the signatures over at SBS.

[​IMG]

Those Mod's over there don't take kindly to linking to the competition....

OH, This post is the Mod's Post...( hee... hee.)

I do hope SBS does not die... It would be ashamed to loose all those archives with all that information.

Maybe Ryan will give a dump of the theads or allow this forum to re-post some.

11. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

I will change my sig to just DRC over there. I don't want to cause trouble.

12. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

To me honestly if the site sped up it would make all the difference. When I'm at work and want to post an answer to a question and I feel punished by doing so with the wait it just kills me.

13. MM

MM Administrator

These are all old Stern TV shows.

I told him to let me know and I'll get them.

14. mixhail

mixhail New Member

I was a huge fan of SBS but haven't been on in awhile because of the slowness they put out. So glad I found this place and I'm here to stay!

15. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut Well-Known Member

The titles of threads were basic. Each show thread read: Channel 9: Show 1, Channel 9: Show 2...on and on through to show 10.

I have the pictures saved on a Photobucket account, but the descriptives that correspond to each picture I do not have saved.

I guess it's not a real big deal, but I always thought that they would be on a server somewhere and that if people wanted to check it out, it would always be there at their fingertips.

If it's possible then great, but if not or if it appears to be too much of an undertaking, well, I'd understand.

Thanks for wanting to help out in any case.

Ifandorbut(packie)

16. MM

MM Administrator

Check your PM.

17. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Yeah maybe I should remove that graphic in my signature file, I don't want to have to ban myself! :Smiley_wink:

18. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

As the saying goes, I think that "the horse has left the barn." It would be hard to go back to SBS at this point, given the hard work that has gone into this site.