I love when they bust Robins almighty chops

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by robhurlburt, Dec 17, 2008.

1. robhurlburt

robhurlburt Well-Known Member

To me, the only funny part of todays show. Will Robin EVER realize she doesn't know everything?

"OOOOHH, OOOH do YOU know how many twists a champaign bottle has????":rolleyes:

Edit:
    the christmas song segment during the news got some chuckles out of me

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  2. Forevernever

Forevernever Active Member

3. Bark

Bark Hey Now!

What was that question they said she got wrong, but she insisted she had right?

4. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

Something about red wine grapes vs. white wine grapes.

5. Biaviian

Biaviian Well-Known Member

That was one of the best parts of the segment. You could tell that she was very proud to know that useless fact.

6. Hatuxka

Hatuxka New Member

She says stuff like that Mitt Romney is the former governor of Michigan (Mitt was Massachusetts gov; George, his father, was Mich. gov) in such a matter-of-fact and confident way or announces in her "news" things like that colonoscopies have been found to be ineffective for detecting colon cancer (not what the story she based that claim on said)
    So she is blithely, glibly wrong or dangerously wrong as in the colonoscopy exam story this morning since not being given the fact that it's only 60-80% effective not 0% effective as she essentially said, some number people won't get them and be in danger of getting colon cancer.

Those are just two things I heard lately. She is so insistently and brazenly a dumbass, there is no one like her.

7. Forevernever

Her "prep" for the news hour consists of having an intern go to the Drudge Report, printing the first 8 stories or so, and then reading the copy on the air.

8. Bark

Bark Hey Now!

What was that argument she had with Howard last month? It was some sociology-termed semantics regarding a specific word. She was completely wrong, and Howard was completely right, but she still claimed to be right regardless of the evidence.

9. Forevernever

Was it about karma? She is far and away the most disturbed of the crew. Artie is well-balanced in comparison.

10. Bark

Bark Hey Now!

Yeah, it was karma. Not only was she so very WRONG as to the definition and concept, she was very passionate about her answer too. What a dingbat.

11. Elwood

Elwood Member

I'm sure she works with Fred so he has the correct sound effects. Anyone notice today Fred started playing the Star Trek theme a second before she moved on to a Star Trek story?

12. v1ru5

v1ru5 Well-Known Member

Don't pick on Robin. There is NO female in the WORLD that is EVER WRONG.

13. VinnyM27

VinnyM27 Active Member

I love my Robin sweetie, but when I heard that, as a life long Michgander, my head almost exploded! And I think she said it during the news.....I love her, but damn!

14. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut Well-Known Member

I think Fred is a smart guy and he can be lightning quick with the effects. I know that he has said that he anticipates some news stories that he thinks Robin will cover in her news, so he might have them handy. I haven't heard today's show, but I'll listen to that part for sure.

I've always been suspect of his winning percentages in games like, "Win Fred's Money" and "The Mike Walker Gossip Game"....methinks Fred doth cheat ever so.

15. Bark

Bark Hey Now!

The was a comedian who once said when debating your wife/girlfriend, you can be right or get laid later, but never both. Choose.

That man speaks the truth.

16. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

I wish we could hear Jackie's thoughts on this. :D

17. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

"OH HERE WE GO!!!".......as Robin likes to say

18. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

She was at the height of her obnoxiousness today and yesterday with her "know it all" attitude and shouting. When she gets going on something, she starts shouting over everyone and blows it way out of proportion. It's funny for radio, but I'd hate to have to deal with her in person.

19. Vargas

Vargas Molon Labe!

How great and peacefull must her life be. I know her mom is sick and her friends mom just died and yes, that is probably difficult however, she must have the greatest life.

She contributes to the show of course but is only really responsible for a one hour segment of the show--less if Howard and arte don't comment on the her news. She makes the most money except for Howard and is always galavanting aound the world. Every vacation she is just back from Europe and is into a new hobby.

Seriously, if you have time to study wine in order to become an aficionado then you have a great life loaded with free time.

Love her and love when they bust on her for being such a know it all phony.

20. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

Yeah, love that she has a hard time when they start giving her the business. I think one of her biggest issues, and the reason they rag on her so badly, is the way she flits from hobby to hobby, throwing herself full throttle into each one to the point of overkill. It's as if she has to prove to herself how into these things she is, so she takes things to an extreme.

So far, how many of them have stuck?

Horses - nope
    Racing - nope
    Weightloss - nope (currently, perhaps, but this is her Nth attempt at it)
    Boating - Is the jury still out on this one?

What else am I forgetting?