I love Sirius, but they can be pretty shady

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by FaFaFooie, Oct 15, 2008.

1. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

If you have a business relationship with the company, I am pretty sure they are covered by a loophole in the FTC rules (especially the exception relating to upselling). As a matter of good business (i.e. they don't want to piss their paying customers off), they may and should heed your request. But I don't think the "Do Not Call" rules help you.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  2. Super Dave

Super Dave Member

The loop hole is closed when you request them to put you on their list, that is how it works, and the reason we get zero sales calls from anyone. My favorite was Comcast, when I got HSI from them they started to call, I asked, they responded it will take X amount of days, they called back in a week, same exchange, the next week I asked her to spell her name, same exchange, she asked why I wanted her to spell her name, I informed her I wanted to be accurate on my complaint. Never have received a call from Comcast since the complaint was filed, 4 1/2 years ago.

Number 31 on the government's site:

Q&A: The National Do Not Call Registry

My number is on the National Do Not Call Registry. After I bought something from a company, a telemarketer representing that organization called me. Is this a violation?

No. By purchasing something from the company, you established a business relationship with the company. As a result, even if you put your number on the National Do Not Call Registry, that company may call you for up to 18 months after your last purchase or delivery from it, or your last payment to it, unless you ask the company not to call again. In that case, the company must honor your request not to call. If they subsequently call you again, they may be subject to a fine of up to $11,000.

An established business relationship with a company also will be created if you make an inquiry to the company, or submit an application to it. This kind of established business relationship exists for three months after the inquiry or application. During this time, the company can call you.

If you make a specific request to that company not to call you, however, then the company may not call you, even if you have an established business relationship with that company.

3. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

I stand corrected. :eek:

4. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

No calls today-maybe they took the hint.

5. Sirius Rich

Sirius Rich Well-Known Member

It is easier to legally change your name and cancel all your banking accounts and credit cards than to cancel any subscription service. Sirius XM is no worst than any other.

6. no1hedberg

no1hedberg Member

Instead of activating the new radio, then asking to deactivate another one, you should have told the CSR you wanted to do a tuner swap. Not only should they have been able to do it at the same time, but you shouldn't bee charged an activation fee. You are no longer canceling a subscription, so you don't have to go through the customer retention bs.

7. FaFaFooie

FaFaFooie New Member

They wouldn't do that because the radio I was activating had a free year on it so they wouldn't do a straight swap. The CSR was the one who told me that I had to do a new activation and cancel the old one. I did manage to get them to waive any cancelation/activation fees

8. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I went through this with XM a while back. I don't think it has anything to do with cancellations just the complex piece of technology known as the phone which does seem to challenge some CSRs. They can usually answer it but I don't think they are good at transfers. Given that they are paid $2/day, this is not really too surprising.

9. dragon_slayer

dragon_slayer New Member

yes sirius is shady one says one thing then another says another after you call back to them and ask whats going on with your account i wanted to roll over to a lifetime plan in march so the guy in deactivations said he did it and i called back a lady answered and told me no i was gonna roll over in december (thats not what a asked for and thats not what the last idiot said ) i said to the lady so i just her to stick the life time plan up her ass and ill renew in march if the company is still standing by then i have never seen a multi billion dollar company run by a bunch of fuck tards who need a map and a flash light and a god dam gps ubit to find there assholes sat rad is a great thing to me and a good system and is worth the money every month but the customer service reps need to go there customer service is so screwed up i got 2 years for 35 bucks and free activation and an inno2 at no charge and 40 credit to get me to stay with em

10. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

They started their Mardi Gras festivities early? ? ? ? ?

I had one I had to shut off last year, it only took 10 or 15 minutes, but that included getting a refund approved for a few months that they shouldn't have billed for. (Long story, but I'm happy with how it was resolved.)

Welcome to the DRC.

11. Vols44

Vols44 Well-Known Member

I'm glad your happy with your service. Seventeen bucks a year and a free receiver is what it's all about. Happy listening.

12. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

There is a difference between shady and clueless. . . . . .

13. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

I have to agree with you on that. I don't think that most of the phone reps are informed enough to be shady. Clueless seems to sum it up. They only know what the computer or script tells them. They are not satellite radio enthusiasts.

14. Fergz99

Fergz99 Member

my 3 free months just ended and I called to cancel XM and it was pretty similar to your experience. 3 calls, "lost connection" twice, took over a hour to get the radio shut off. I ended up asking for a supervisor and he did not have me go through the verification process for the 3rd time so it was even slightly sped up. They did try and offer me another 3 months for free.