I have written a letter to Scott Greenstein & Music Programming at SIRIUS & XM

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by hexagram, Jan 6, 2009.

1. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

Here is what I wrote to Scott Greenstein (similar letters sent to the Music Programming departments at SIRIUS and XM):

If you are a fan of Cinemagic, I urge you to write your own letter and send them off. Tell everyone you know that is a fan to do the same. DON'T BOTHER WITH PETITIONS, THEY DON'T WORK. CONTACT THEM DIRECTLY.

Scott Greenstein
    sgreenstein@siriusradio.com

Music Programming at SIRIUS Satellite Radio
    Music_Prog@sirius-radio.com

Music Programming at XM Satellite Radio
    http://www.xmradio.com/help/emailus.xmc

SIRIUS Satellite Radio mailing address (Make c/o's to Scott Greenstein, Music Programming, Mel Karmazin IF YOU HAVE TO!!!)
    1221 Avenue of the Americas
    New York, NY 10020

IdRatherBeSkiing likes this.
  2. almaniac27

almaniac27 Member

Sorry if you mentioned this before, but is there a reason why you won't purchase an XM radio? I switched from Sirius to XM w/BOS and I've had a better listening experience. More sports and better reception, plus Cinemagic.

3. hexagram

I could give you an endless list of reasons... One of the most important ones? XM uses geostationary sats that are way down South. Doesn't work this far up North.

4. almaniac27

almaniac27 Member

Oh yeah you're in Alaska, I forgot. It's the opposite for me in Ohio. I can't get Sirius signals worth crap in the house, because when I do, it goes away an hour or two later. I like the fact that the XM sats stay in the same place. Maybe an interoperable radio would work up there, when they come out with those.

Good luck getting Cinemagic back, maybe on the 15th they merge some channels, free up some bandwidth, and you get it back.

5. hexagram

Thanks, and even if they put it on the Internet-only feed, I would be COMPLETELY SATISFIED. They have done it in the past with The Bridge, Super Shuffle, and other channels.

6. Master Fasmo

Master Fasmo Member

Thanks for the letter!

The reason why I dont want to buy an XM radio is because then I will have to pay an extra $6just to hear Stern. This company is going down if they dont start listening to there customers.

7. hexagram

Another good point. But it's actually an extra $4.04 to hear Stern (the plan is $16.99).

8. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I would be satisfied too if they simply kept Cinemagic on the internet feed.

My impression of the channel in the few days we had it, was that it was good, but not something I'd want to hear while driving in the car. Just not a highway kind of channel. If they keep it on the internet, I'd enjoy it at home. :)

Good, well-written letter, by the way!

9. hexagram

Exactly. It's not a channel for the car, it's purely intended for the home, so I don't see why they can't just put this channel on SIR-5.