I can't take it

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by IdRatherBeSkiing, Nov 12, 2008.

1. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I tried to do XMFAN today. I can't take it. There are like 100 threads complaining about something. It woudn't surprise me if 1/2 of them haven't even given their radios a listen. And there are like 980 people on there all complaining simultaneously. I can't keep up even if I wanted to. Its insane.

2. JoeTan

JoeTan Well-Known Member

as bad as stern fan network?

3. IdRatherBeSkiing

I wouldn't know. I didn't know they existed until right now. I take it they are upset too?

4. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

This does not surprise me one bit, seeing how it had been for weeks prior to the update.

5. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

Wah Wah!! Mel took my music away!!! :bigcry:

Enough already. Deal with it. Get Slacker, Pandora, etc. if you have different tastes. Sirius/XM will not be viable with too much niche programming. If you are going to appeal to the masses, you need a good dose of mainstream programming. There's nothing wrong with some niche stuff, but it can't all be that way. It's economic reality.

6. IdRatherBeSkiing

There are already 5 or 6 cancellation threads too. I've never understood the logic of posting a "I'm going" message on a board. I didn't get it with SBS or XMFAN. Why would people on a fan site care if you cancel? And to cancel with only 2 or 3 hours (no doubt in the middle of the night) listening ... thats just irrational.

7. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

Yeah...some of those posts are not all that constructive. I guess some folks are a bit emotional. Is it a full moon?

8. IdRatherBeSkiing

close .. tommorow. :)

9. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

With any luck their outrage will boil over and result in the mass protests and cancellations that occurred after 0.0 got suspended from XM. Which means we can expect about 5000 total cancellations and a 20 person nerd herd protesting outside the CBS studios.

10. IdRatherBeSkiing

Any publicity is good publicity. If they protest someone should alert Sirius XM marketting.

11. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

I'll keep an eye on my Bloomberg terminal for a press release...

12. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

Believe me, when they protested an XM suspension by picketing the CBS studios, they did far more to hurt their cause than help. Besides, have you seen the pppests? It looked like a mad scientist crossed the geek wall at a Jr. High dance with a pre-op gastric bypass support group, then sprinkled the resulting mutants with "Forever A Virgin" dust and set them loose on humanity. :right:

13. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I have checked out that site a few times, but I have never joined that site.