I Became A Unitarian

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Wow. Religion AND politics in one post??? ;)

I was raised Unitarian as a wee Hectic.
Then I went agnostic as I grew up.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Not much point in going to any church if you are a atheist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some atheists go to "church" for all of the non-theistic benefits. Socializing, charity work, community building, etc.

On Sunday morning I got up at 5:30 to attend the 50 Mile Lake Houston Loop Church. We were chased by dogs and took much communion in the Bike Barn parking lot.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I'm not sure if I would go.

The reason I go, and the reason that the non-theists go, is to be a part of a spiritual group that is accepting of all people, and as long as your beliefs are life-affirming, all beliefs. But if you don't want or need that, then I wouldn't go either. I don't bowl, or hunt, or watch baseball.

Not much point in going to any church if you are a atheist.

Some atheists go to "church" for all of the non-theistic benefits. Socializing, charity work, community building, etc.

What memebag said. I mean, define "church." It's not necessarily a place where you go to worship God. Our church is a place to go once a week and not feel like you're the only person in the world who doesn't have it all figured out, a place to get happy and inspired and walk out joyful. And if you bring God, or Allah, or Buddha, or whomever along with you in your heart when you do that, fine. If not, fine.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
What memebag said. I mean, define "church." It's not necessarily a place where you go to worship God. Our church is a place to go once a week and not feel like you're the only person in the world who doesn't have it all figured out, a place to get happy and inspired and walk out joyful. And if you bring God, or Allah, or Buddha, or whomever along with you in your heart when you do that, fine. If not, fine.
Our church is a place to go once or twice a week and not feel like you're the only drunk person in the parking lot wearing Spandex.