I Became A Unitarian

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
If you are Satanic, you are not non-theistic. You have a diety -- Satan.

LeVeyan Satanists (among others) are atheistic. They embrace the image of Satan as a symbol of rebellion, not an actual supernatural being.

Memebag doesn't know who the New England Patriots are.

Hey, I know who LeVeyan Satanists are. How much am I expected to know??

I actually watched the Super Bowl this year. I've just never seen Tom Brady without his football costume on.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
LeVeyan Satanists (among others) are atheistic. They embrace the image of Satan as a symbol of rebellion, not an actual supernatural being.

Hey, I know who LeVeyan Satanists are. How much am I expected to know??

I actually watched the Super Bowl this year. I've just never seen Tom Brady without his football costume on.

I think the New England Patriots came back to beat the LeVeyan Satanists in overtime.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
This is weird. I don't think I'm a full on Atheist anymore. I've been sporadically praying ever since my whole legal ordeal went down in February. I don't see how this could me any more embarrassingly cliched. I do a whopping 8 days of hard time and I wind up praying for the first time in years. So, one could conclude I kinda found religion in the pokey. Christ that's embarrassing. But that is what happened. When I was not able to use the phone I got all nervous my dad was dead or something (while jail wasn't that bad it was still quite a stressful situation) so I prayed that he would be alright. Once I got home I kept doing it every once and a while.

Over the past few days I've been thinking about actually attending some sort of religious service. I have not believed in any sort of religion since I was around 15. And I have not been to any service of any kind (besides weddings and funerals) since I was 18. So now I need to pick where to go. The one I believed in the longest as a kid was Methodism. While biking around town I noticed a Methodist church near me a few weeks ago and now I think that may be the one I try. It's a nice looking building. Like I said, the whole thing feels weird. It will be quite odd to just show up, solo, to a service one morning. I'm not sure if I will even wind up doing it but it does seem to be the way I'm leaning. And much like just about every other part of my life I'm being hypocritical because while I'm pondering going back to a church I still kinda think people who need religion to guide them are rather weak minded. Who the fuck knows what I'm doing. I clearly don't. But I'll let ya know what decision I eventually make.

And that concludes my DRC religious confession.

Bandwagon03

Oct 13, 2008
Rural Retreat, VA
Hi Koop
Sometimes something like you experienced opens you up to a new way of thinking, or a revelation. I would suggest reading "Romans" from the New Testament. Very well written, and is a great introduction to Christianity. Oh, and not that King James stuff, try a NIV or something similar. If you do check out that church, know that sometimes it's just not a good fit, I would encourage you to keep trying others if it doesn't feel right. You WILL run into self righteous, judgmental douchebags. Don't let that discourage you, for all of those, there are two more people trying to do the right thing.

Good Luck in Your Spiritual Journey.