I baffled............

Discussion in 'NASCAR' started by Easy Money, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Easy Money

Easy Money Active Member

Im baffled............

If I understand it correctly, Benson and Bruce are going to Red Horse next year. I know there were rumors about Bill Davis Racings future, but now I hear that they will run at least 1 and maybe 2 truck teams in 09 with new and young drivers. How do you let the current champion driver and crew chief walk away? :idunno:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  2. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Well-Known Member

Makes no sense! Congrats.... see you later! Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on your way out!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  3. Easy Money

Easy Money Active Member

Not a Benson fan, huh?LOL

4. rdhdtrue

rdhdtrue Member

I believe he was being sarcastic.

This really shocks people? The world is full of these types of scenarios. I am sure Mark Martin had that also (2nd in points when he left Rousch (retired) ) ... he just would not say because he is not one to gripe.

5. Easy Money

Easy Money Active Member

I really think Mark thought he was gonna help Matt full time. His plans kinda changed when Matt changed his mind. Plus, I still believe Geoff Smith played a big part in Mark's compete departure from Rousch.
    Benson, however, is going to Red Horse with his crew chief. And BDR is planning on running 4 truck teams. Seems like something else is going on here.

6. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Well-Known Member

Perhaps you failed to read the first part......

Makes no sense.

In other words. I don't see how it makes sense that they are parting ways. It doesn't seem to be a good business move. Certainly I don't know what is going on there but I'd have to believe that it's Johnny's decision.

7. Easy Money

Easy Money Active Member

I gotcha now.