HUGE NEWS regarding Sirius Internet Radio! (No more Single Artist Channels?)

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
I listened to the promo now running on the channel. They mentioned "limited run channels" like Fireman Radio, Rolling Stones Radio, Led Zepplin, AC/DC Radio, Radio REM, ABBA Radio, Mandatory Metallica.

Bridge fans...there might be hope. :)

I'd say the WORST situation is that the Bridge is cut on satellite radio, but kept the same on internet radio:
Bridge Satellite - Paul McCartney
Bridge Internet - Regular Programming
Limited Engagement Channel - Paul McCartney
Looks like it should be called "The Single Genre Channel". Too bad theres no other genre of music that deserves to be heard on limited run channels.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
These are pretty good channels. How come they arent available on the radio?

Space issues is my guess.

If they don't have room for channels like Planet Jazz, and the other ones that were killed off in past years, they certainly don't have room for these channels.

Mrwirez

Nov 10, 2008
Pittsburgh
As soon as the XM side comes out with a portable wi-fi unit I am jumping ships and getting an XM unit withe best of Sirius. With that combo you get EVERYTHING.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
As soon as the XM side comes out with a portable wi-fi unit I am jumping ships and getting an XM unit withe best of Sirius. With that combo you get EVERYTHING.

No you dont you dont get channels like Hardcore Sports Radio and the Canadian Channels also you dont get Sporting News Radio. Otherwise you get everything.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
No you dont you dont get channels like Hardcore Sports Radio and the Canadian Channels also you dont get Sporting News Radio. Otherwise you get everything.

Hardcore Sports, or MLB PbP?

At this point, i'd gladly dismiss the Canadian channels in favor of XM's technology and MLB

Unfortunately, i'd need someone to buy my Sirius stuff (SUBX1, Sportster Replay Boombox, Starmate 4 with unused car kit, Stiletto 2, Stiletto 100 car kit -- car dock modified to fit SL2.)

I'd also need enough guts to "pull the trigger" on the deal. Hopefully, Sirius would refund the money on my unused 6 month contracts on the radios.

I'd LOVE an XM portable radio (inno, XMP3 that I can plug into a boombox AND a car kit.) If that's not possible, I suppose computer speakers would do the trick.

i-l-l

Nov 12, 2008
was XM 20 on 20 always online before today?

Also wtf is Sirius XM Sports Nation 2? I know the channel on Sirius plays random talk shows but I never knew it was another

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
was XM 20 on 20 always online before today?

Yes. The new channels are 810-820.

Also wtf is Sirius XM Sports Nation 2? I know the channel on Sirius plays random talk shows but I never knew it was another

SIRIUS Satellite Radio - SIRIUS Satellite Radio - SIRIUS XM Sports Nation 2 ? Listen to Sports Talk Radio & Sports Coverage on Sirius Satellite Radio

Other shows from other channels re-aired online.

Sports Nation = Online and on satellite.
Sports Nation 2 - Online only.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Something good on Sirius. I like. Still would hope they would put some effort into changing the channel names on Satrad...you know...the one nearly all subscribers use!

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
so we have cnn, fox news and now cnn headline news. where's msnbc?

I've thought the same thing for years. I think it is the MS of MSNBC that prehibits it from being played on Satrad. I believe they air CNBC, which is crap!

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Something good on Sirius. I like. Still would hope they would put some effort into changing the channel names on Satrad...you know...the one nearly all subscribers use!

Agreed.

XM's technology wins this battle easily.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I've thought the same thing for years. I think it is the MS of MSNBC that prehibits it from being played on Satrad. I believe they air CNBC, which is crap!

CNBC is 129 on Sirius and 127 on XM.
MSNBC is nowhere.

I'll blame MS for this.

ctkatz

Oct 11, 2008
ms is in name only. i believe nbc owns msnbc 100% after buying out ms on the tv side. they still have some of msnbc.com though. they just haven't done a name change yet. if they did, it would likely be renamed nbc news channel.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
XM lineup:

Limited Engagements channel 39
Bootlegs channel 90
Music Showcase 92
Comedy Showcase 93
Talk Showcase 94
Sports Nation 2 226

I know there's more, but these are from their "XM Everything plus Best of Sirius Online" lineup.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
XM lineup:

Limited Engagements channel 39
Bootlegs channel 90
Music Showcase 92
Comedy Showcase 93
Talk Showcase 94
Sports Nation 2 226

I know there's more, but these are from their "XM Everything plus Best of Sirius Online" lineup.

I wonder why they didn't make these new channels the same numbers on both internet radio systems?

Tgajr

Oct 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Sirius' failure to offer this to its customers as part of the best of XM package shows they havent learned shit.

They lost my sale. I would be happy to get best of XM if it had bootleg and these other internet only channels. But not the oprah and pga shit they are offering.

You lost a sale SIRIUS XM keep it up!!!!!

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
Are they getting these channels off the satellites, or off a server? And could this be the beginning of Sirius INTERNET Radio?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Are they getting these channels off the satellites, or off a server? And could this be the beginning of Sirius INTERNET Radio?

I think with Pop2K and the Xmers they are off of the satellites, but with the others I see them off of a server.

They are probably getting them of the XM internet stream. They would loose too much info if they bounced it off a satellite.