HUGE NEWS regarding Sirius Internet Radio! (No more Single Artist Channels?)

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
On my SL2.

No reboot, reset, reconfigure required!

Channel 810 -- Limited Engagements (The future home of rotating artists and other rotating programming.)
811 - Sirius XM Sports Nation 2
812 - Sirius XM Bootlegs (This seems like it could be a suitable replacement for Super Shuffle.)
813 - Music Showcase (The Theme Time Radio Hour with Bob Dylan, Buried Treasure with Tom Petty, and You and Me with B.B. King, plus Artist Confidential, shows from E Street Radio, Faction, and Radio Margaritaville, and more...) Anyone's guess. Moving the shows here WHILE keeping them on the regular channels? Hmm..
814 - Comedy
815 - Talk
816 - America Right
817 - America Left
818 - C-Span
819 - The Power
820 - Public Radio Exchange

Also "new" to the internet are ESPN Radio, HLN(?), Book Radio, Radio Disney, ESPN Deportes, and maybe even more by the time we're done. These channels correspond to their satellite position.

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
huh. yea i noticed those channels when i was listening through the sl2 internet option this morning (5.18). i havent listened online in awhile so i just figured it was that way for awhile. the special channel for single artists is a huge come up. now when they sign with a legendary band for only a few months or a year we will no longer need to haver all those discussions about what channel they are taking over. ive read the 'im pissed / no im happy' posts about bands taking over channels like the bridge a shit tone of times, as im sure you all have as well. good stuff siriusxm. way to get you act together and hear what the fans have been saying for so long now.

-jhdk

PACanesFan

Oct 13, 2008
I wouldn't get too happy on this deal. After looking at the channel listing at Sirius.com, the 'limited engagement' channel is for online listening to things like Bing Crosby's Christmas, Halloween Radio, etc.

I still think we will be losing a station if an artist plunks down a suitcase of cash.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I wouldn't get too happy on this deal. After looking at the channel listing at Sirius.com, the 'limited engagement' channel is for online listening to things like Bing Crosby's Christmas, Halloween Radio, etc.

I still think we will be losing a station if an artist plunks down a suitcase of cash.

I listened to the promo now running on the channel. They mentioned "limited run channels" like Fireman Radio, Rolling Stones Radio, Led Zepplin, AC/DC Radio, Radio REM, ABBA Radio, Mandatory Metallica.

Bridge fans...there might be hope. :)

I'd say the WORST situation is that the Bridge is cut on satellite radio, but kept the same on internet radio:
Bridge Satellite - Paul McCartney
Bridge Internet - Regular Programming
Limited Engagement Channel - Paul McCartney

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I think they are preparing for a push for internet subs probably timed along with the iPhone release.

Agreed. There is no way Sirius debuts eleven new channels with no huge reason.

Edit - It appears SOME of the channels are related to the merger. (Public interest stuff.)
But if a "limited engagement" channel is what I think it is.... :) :) :)

Last edited:

dleising

Oct 31, 2008
Noticed the new "Showcase" channels are also in high quality on my Sirius online (which is not setup for high quality).

Are these channels only online? Has anyone on the XM side seen them on your receiver?

Sirterp

Oct 17, 2008
I apologize if this has been discussed before, but why isn't MLB Home Plate streamed on the Sirius side?

ctkatz

Oct 11, 2008
I apologize if this has been discussed before, but why isn't MLB Home Plate streamed on the Sirius side?
regular mlb home plate is streamed on channel 210 i believe.

if you're talking games, you'd be advised to ask bud selig why he can't (or rather won't) change some terms to let sirius get baseball.

Sirterp

Oct 17, 2008
regular mlb home plate is streamed on channel 210 i believe.

if you're talking games, you'd be advised to ask bud selig why he can't (or rather won't) change some terms to let sirius get baseball.

I meant why it isn't streamed online.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Noticed the new "Showcase" channels are also in high quality on my Sirius online (which is not setup for high quality).

Are these channels only online? Has anyone on the XM side seen them on your receiver?

AFAIK, these channels are only online at Sirius.com and through SL2. (I don't have a SL100, so I can't check that.)

If they're available to XM, then obviously, they'd only be at XMradio.com

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I was going to make a post yesteradayabout the bootleg channel, since it looked new to me, but I havent had SIR in about 4 months and thought it was around for a while. so I didn't mention it. This looks lieka cool channel to me, and I wish I had SIR to try it.