HTC ONE anybody??

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I have an upgrade coming up soon and I was looking at phones. Does anyone have the HTC ONE or have a lot of experience with it?

I went to at AT&T store and checked one out. The phone itself is very nice. It has the best looking screen I have ever seen on a phone. The speakers are incredible too. The sales guy compared it to a few phones they had there. The phone itself is super fast and the apps are up in an instant. I'm really not a huge fan of the blinkfeed but since you have 4 or 5 home screens to put whatever you want on them I can deal with it.

I had the HTC EVO on sprint and I really liked it. The battery wasn't that great but the phone itself was nice. The only thing I'm worried about on the ONE is the battery life. After having a MAXX phone I don't know if I could go back. I have a little while so I will just check out reviews and youtube. I would love it if Motorola would come out with a new Maxx phone soon.

Jimr

Apr 12, 2013
I'd hold out to see what the Motorola X has to offer (or the next Nexus phone). I have the Nexus 4 and absolutely love the phone. The initial specs of the X don't look very impressive but I haven't seen any confirmed specs just speculation.

Jimr

Apr 12, 2013
If I were in your position I'd do the same. I think I'd wait to see what October brings.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I still can't believe no one else has checked the ONE out. It has to be one of the best looking phones with the best screen out there.

Jimr

Apr 12, 2013
I've been contemplating getting one once Google puts it in the play store so I can keep the Nexus experience. I believe it is supposed to go up for sale today along with the S4.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I don't blame you memebag. I think I might get the ONE. The reviews are great and it might be the best phone on the market today.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
My only concern is the camera on the HTC one. I see some of the new reviews on the Pure Google version that says the photo looked horrific without the HTC software. The few reviewers that encountered this contacted Google which claims in their internal test the photo's where the same. However again reviewers are saying otherwise

I use my Phone for taking most of my pictures these days. This is the one area that I think HTC dropped the ball. They should have gone with a better camera. What impresses me about this phone is the built quality, display and the speakers.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
My only concern is the camera on the HTC one. I see some of the new reviews on the Pure Google version that says the photo looked horrific without the HTC software. The few reviewers that encountered this contacted Google which claims in their internal test the photo's where the same. However again reviewers are saying otherwise

I use my Phone for taking most of my pictures these days. This is the one area that I think HTC dropped the ball. They should have gone with a better camera. What impresses me about this phone is the built quality, display and the speakers.

I would get the ONE with HTC sense. That way you have the better camera software. I know some people hate the Android skins and want pure. I'm not one of them. I don't mind sense. I'm pretty sure the phones with the HTC sense software takes better pics than the pure Android one.

Your right about build quality, screen and speakers. The sound on it will wow you along with the bad ass screen. That's with beats audio off. Personally I think the whole beats audio thing is a gimmick.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

Jimr

Apr 12, 2013
I see some of the new reviews on the Pure Google version that says the photo looked horrific without the HTC software.

Do you have links to those reviews? I was looking for reviews on the Nexus experience version but I haven't found any.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I have a year left with Sprint, then I'm going somewhere else. I really like the HTC One from what I've seen online. We'll see what they come out next year :)

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
In a year there will be 14 new Android phones! LOL

Between mid 2012 and mid 2013, the number of Android models jumped from 3,997 to 11,868. That's almost 8,000 new Android device types in one year. Most of those were phones.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I just did an upgrade about a month ago. I was looking at the HTC One, GS4 and the Droid Maxx. I had an old school Razr Maxx and I really loved the phone. The battery life beats everything out there. That's why I was really leaning towards the new Droid Maxx. That phone has even better battery life. I wanted the HTC One just for the kick ass build quality. The Maxx is nice too but the One is just awesome to look at. I'm not one to get a phone because of how it looks. I could care less about it being "pretty".

I ended up with the GS4. The screen is the best I have ever seen on a phone. The build quality was OK. Some people say oh no plastic. Then Apple comes out with plastic and now the same people say Oh plastic is OK now. Go figure. Anyway the build quality is fine. I put a nice case on it anyway. I was scared to death about the battery but I read real good things on line. Plus I had a two week window. I bought a spare battery as a just incase deal. I'm in a wheelchair I can't afford to have my phone with no power. Let me say this.... the battery has been way better than I thought. Not as good as the Maxx but it is really good. I haven't had to pop in the second battery yet.

I tested that phone out at a couple Buckeye games. I took a shit load of pics and videos. Some I posted here in the college football section. I sent out MMS after MMS. I made a few phone calls so people could hear the crowd. It has great battery life.The phone rocks. It has lots of camera options and I checked them all out. It's super fast and I love the calender on it. My Dish anywhere app works great on it too. I am sure the One would have been just as nice but what really sold me was the screen on the GS4 and the fact I could slide my 64gb microsd card in and not miss a beat. The new Maxx and the HTC One has no microsd slot.

There will be lots of cool phones out by the time your ready. I think its a good thing. Options are nice . Different screen sizes and different companies.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Between mid 2012 and mid 2013, the number of Android models jumped from 3,997 to 11,868. That's almost 8,000 new Android device types in one year. Most of those were phones.

Your Android device will be the envy others for all of 6 minutes! Because the next big thing is coming shortly!

Of course, it really doesn't matter. If you are happy with your device it doesn't matter that it is 3 models back by the time you get home from the store.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Your Android device will be the envy others for all of 6 minutes! Because the next big thing is coming shortly!

Of course, it really doesn't matter. If you are happy with your device it doesn't matter that it is 3 models back by the time you get home from the store.

I've never been in to having the next thing. I had a 3GS up until the 4S came out, and I'll probably keep that until the iPhone 6 is out if the bigger screen rumors are true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing

Yeah, I've never had the latest model Android phone. My work gives them to me, and both of them were on the market at least 6 months before I got them. Me, and most of the smart phone owning world, just don't give a rats ass.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Yeah, I've never had the latest model Android phone. My work gives them to me, and both of them were on the market at least 6 months before I got them. Me, and most of the smart phone owning world, just don't give a rats ass.

Quoted for truth.