Howard's Dementia

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by Ifandorbut, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut Well-Known Member

Towards the end of the show today(1/5/9)Howard played some David Lee Roth isolation tapes, tapes that he's played before earlier this year. Howard said he received these tapes from Jeff Probst and Howard acted as if this was some new discovery. Howard then went on to say that he looks forward to when the David Lee Roth tapes will be used in phoney phone calls.

It's kind of weird that Howard doesn't remember playing these tapes before. In fact, Richard made a mash up of Joan Jett's "I Love Rock and Roll" with the David Lee Roth tapes. He played this stuff last summer.

Forevernever likes this.
  2. sjb4

sjb4 Member

I heard that too and thought the same thing. He clearly didn't remember playing the DLR tapes before. Seems weird.

Forevernever likes this.
  3. Forevernever

Forevernever Active Member

The guy's 55, retired on active duty, and flying on autopilot.

4. wwfmike

wwfmike Member

Howard has always admitted he has a horrible memory. He had confused the order of appearance of Gina Man and Gina Girl and that is his (and mine) favorite era.

5. Ifandorbut

This was more so Robin's miscue, but Howard also stepped deep into it when he remarked that the people disgruntled with the censorship on Bubba's show could instead listen to Breuer's show.

If he still had a show.

6. VinnyM27

VinnyM27 Active Member

I thought he played them before....Maybe it is time to retire...

7. Ifandorbut

This might have more to do with Howard reading the notes from his writers instead of listening to Artie's story about calling the remains of his father as "cremains". This occurred during Robin's news segment on 1/8/9. Artie mentioned twice that his father's ashes were being termed as cremains. About five minutes after Artie made mention of this word Howard said, "Someone told me that they have like a buzzword, they don't call 'em remains, they call 'em cremains."

I know Fred and Gary have been guilty of this, but it's usually because they're in the middle of doing something else while the show is going on. That's the first time in a long while that I can remember of Howard being out of it to that level.

8. k9feces

k9feces Member

Weren't they talking about these guitar solo videos a few weeks ago which are also a year old?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHyl04-ytH8]YouTube - Slash Shreds[/ame]

9. Spokker

Spokker Active Member

Howard hardly remembers anything from the show. Bits, interviews, meeting people. I always found that funny about him.

Gary is his memory when it comes to shit from the show.