Howard to Subscribers: "F You"

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by Elwood, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Elwood

Elwood Member

Funny series of calls this morning with people upset about the Bubba situation. It's great when Howard gets angry and tells callers to shut up and cancel their sub.

Wish he would take more of these types of calls rather than the regular "plants" who just blow him about the greatness of HTV, the tapes, etc.

Jgatie likes this.
  2. wwfmike

wwfmike Member

I love it when callers call in all pissed off and Howard diffuses them in 2 minutes.

3. JoeTan

JoeTan Well-Known Member

They do need to shut up. If bubba was as good as he CRIES ABOUT then he'd be on in 30 cities not 2.

Stern made his money by bringing in about half of their current listeners. They got him for a STEAL based on the revenue he generates. It's stuff like BUBBA that have nothing to show for it but LARGE FONT and big mouths.

Maybe $100K for a diamond ring for a hooker wasn't such a good financial idea when he has a staff of 80 to feed.

Forevernever likes this.
  4. beaniemac

beaniemac Well-Known Member

i haven't heard this part of the show, but howard can suck my balls if he thinks that he's justified in telling subscribers to f*ck off if they're mad that they are paying money to get a show thats free to everyone else.

there's no way he can justify it. maybe this would be a time to actually be humble for once.

5. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

Which is exactly why I love the fact that he's anything but humble, and tells the caller to fuck off. The show has always been about Howard's Id, and just because I may not personally agree with what he's feeling, I still want that raw, uncensored Id; warts and all.

6. JoeTan

JoeTan Well-Known Member

"they are paying money to get a show thats free to everyone else."

Everyone else? How is this? He's in 2 markets!

7. Chance00

Chance00 Member

To be fair he has affiliates in Tampa, Jacksonville, Orlando, Ft. Meyers, Miami, Richmond, and now Howard 101. On yesterdays show he said he has 16 others lined up.

8. beaniemac

beaniemac Well-Known Member

LOL @ howard trying to convince listeners he's looking foward to hearing bubba's testicular show.

horse sh*t!!!

also says bubba will f*ck up and get fired from testicular. I hope so, but I doubt it since he made it all last year with no problems

9. Elwood

Elwood Member

I like the callers who stick to their guns and try to keep up with him, then Howard gets pissed and hangs up rather than risk losing the argument. Then he goes on a quick rant explaining why the caller is a douche. Funny stuff.

10. IronJabroni

IronJabroni Well-Known Member

loved it! "43 cents a day and suddenly everyone has an opinion" hahaha...

Jgatie likes this.
  11. robhurlburt

robhurlburt Well-Known Member

im with you, he looks like an ass on this issue. funny sh*t hearing callers ream him though

12. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

The thing about Satellite is that it fuels people with energy. People love it, and when they remove or alter things they love, they freak out. There isn't a lot of things or programs that SIRIUS XM can change without people flipping out. So I don't quite know what they are to do when they don't have the funding to continue certain shows.

But for me and Bubba fans this is a big deal. I think Howard is just pissed about it as well. There is a lot of emotions going on since this news broke and I'm not sure where it will all go.

13. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

Howard went into his lawyers' tricks mode by mischaracterizing the complainers. He portrays the complainers as little people who think they are the bosses of the show because they pay a subscription. No... the complainers are little people who are simply complaining because they feel that they are now getting less than they did before (I, for one, do not give a damn about Bubba). None of the complainers really thinks he is the "boss of the show". Again I am reminded of the time that Julia Roberts agreed to appear on the show in return for Robin's contribution to some charity. Her manager didn't want her to sign the standard release because he didn't want the appearance repeated over and over or something like that. Howard ranted for a day or two that Julia Roberts was trying to run his show...which was a total mischaracterization. She eventually signed some kind of release and appeared.

Forevernever likes this.
  14. IronJabroni

IronJabroni Well-Known Member

I hear ya dude but ultimately the listeners ARE the bosses...canceling won't change anything in the short term but mass dissatisfaction coupled with mass cancellations WILL bring change. Maybe not a change that makes the complainers happy...and then what, go back to testicle radio? No thanks.

15. Die_LaMattres

Die_LaMattres Active Member

You're right about the listeners, especially since quite a lot of them are stockholders, too. Sirius would be wise to listen to their complaints as opposed to their biggest act telling paying customers to leave. Can you imagine Bill Gates or Steve Jobs telling a complaining customer to fuck off and discontinue using their product after hearing a complaint? LOL.

16. JoeTan

JoeTan Well-Known Member

It's not true. You'd LOVE for it to be true but it isn't. They won't lose 100 subs over this.

17. Snoozer

Snoozer Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Bill Gates does that all the time. :p

18. Die_LaMattres

I couldn't care less whether they lose subscribers or not. One thing for sure - that attitude won't gain new subs.

They can't afford to lose one subscriber, let alone 100.

19. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut Well-Known Member

Can you not stream his show from anywhere in the world?

He's broadcasting over the airwaves in two markets, two markets that cover miles upon miles of Florida's sunny climate.

The streaming?...that goes all over the world. The fans that he's made from satellite from all over the United States can now listen to him for free over the Internet.

20. Die_LaMattres

I don't think so. Remember, Microsoft turns a profit each year. :)