Howard Stern Show In The News

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by JHDK, Jun 16, 2016.

1. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

usually its celeb guest gossip that makes news after being said on the show but i came across this article today.

Howard Stern Uses Sheep-And-Wolf Analogy To Denounce Gun Control

i just figured it would be nice to have a thread to post links of various news topics that make the rounds after being said on the show.

2. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Well I'd like to comment on this newsworthy bit of yapping by Howard. As soon as I hear Howard starting-in with this line of argument, I just want him to stop talking, and go to another topic. Because he doesn't have any fucking idea of what he's talking about, but he has a microphone, and his own show, and his Uncle Tom (Robin) giving him an "Amen!" every so often. And nobody questions him. No one on his staff is allowed to say "but Howard, that's bullshit". That's not how THSS works. It's not a democratically run show; he's the Monarch, the dictator, the "One Who Speaks".

So anyway, that's what I thought of it.

3. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

It was trending on FB today. A lot of people still think Howard is the same miscreant he was in the 90s.

JHDK likes this.
  4. Bark

Bark Hey Now!

I wonder if he ever watched those videos where bikini girls fire automatic weapons, like in "Jackie Brown?"

5. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

scotchandcigar likes this.
  6. scotchandcigar

Nice that Howard can support Fox News.

7. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

"Hey, Howard Stern. I haven't thought about him for what seems like ten years." -- Most People

8. kryptonite

...and I always thought I imagined reading that bit on MarksFriggin.

9. kryptonite

"Is he still relevant?" -- After they find the article because it's trending.

10. scotchandcigar

Howard will be fuming over this article
    How Howard Stern gave us Donald Trump - CNN.com

I think the article is pretty much bullshit. I somewhat agree with crediting Howard for pushing the boundaries of talk radio, but the writer doesn't understand the concept of Howard's humor at all. Howard welcomed Trump just as he welcomed Daniel Carver, or the God Hates Fags woman. He doesn't identify with any of them; he has them on because they're outrageous and entertaining.

For every listener who likes Trump on THSS because he "says it like it is", there's another who thinks the guy's an entertaining fool. The writer missed discussing the latter group.

HecticArt likes this.
  11. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

In 2016, that Stern fan is two decades older and probably has a Trump bumper sticker on his SUV.

Stern grew up in a Roosevelt worshipping household. Yes at one time he supported the death penalty and Giuliani style law and order but he always ridiculed the right wing yahoos in the South and Southwest and in particular the religious right yahoos in the South and Southwest, the very people Trump is depending on. Politically, Stern is aligned with Hillary Clinton. He has made that clear. Cannot believe that the typical Stern fan has a Trump bumper stickers. It's OK to be politically incorrect but not to be a buffoon.

greenearth and microbob like this.
  12. scotchandcigar

This is bizarre, but then again it shows how fucked up media reporting is. They're calling this a bombshell - the mention by Howard this week that his name was brought-up at the debate, because Trump expressed support for the Iraq war back in 2002.

The media has been playing the 2002 clip for a year now, and everyone knows what it says. But somehow, Howard bringing it up this week is considered an important admission. WTF?
    Howard Stern: Trump supported Iraq invasion - CNN Video

13. scotchandcigar

microbob and HecticArt like this.
  14. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

"ok to call ivanka a piece of ass, trump told stern." -cnn.com front page headline.

[​IMG]

hahahaha!!!!

i dont get that comment scotch. so your a fan of stern, clearly, but you dont like his sex talk and think beth should be embarrassed? she knew who she was marrying. and if not that's on her. it has never been hard to find out about howard and his outrageous behavior/discussions.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    microbob likes this.
  15. kryptonite

That's also classic "old Howard." I'm sure "new Howard" could easily be embarrassed by that.

16. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

probably but it's still in him. remember those recent in depth, graphic musings on les moonves and julie chen in bed?

17. scotchandcigar

You took it completely the wrong way. When his name was mentioned at the debate, he thought that would impress Beth and he'd get sex. And this is more impressive, it's a headline with a picture. So Beth should be ripping his clothes off and jumping on top.

JHDK likes this.
  18. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

oh ok, sorry. yea i did read the inflection of your post all wrong. :confused:

19. scotchandcigar

20. Bark

Bark Hey Now!

Of course he walked in when they were naked! How else could he grab their p@$$!}s? They would have to be naked. It's a logistical requirement for grabbing that particular body part. [/sarcasm]

On a serious note, I have a conspiracy theory: Trump is a Democrat. This entire deal has been a false flag operation by the Democrats to ensure Hillary's opponent was someone she could defeat. The Trumps and Clintons will be toasting each other at New Years in NYC.