How the hell do people eat McDonalds and other fast food?

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Ugh - maybe once/year I'll be stuck in a situation where I have to eat at some place like Burger King, McDonalds, Wendy's, etc. The food is farking poison. I usually will get a chicken sandwich to try to be "semi-healthy", but after eating I always feel sick to my stomach for about 2 hours afterwards. I have no clue how so many Americans eat that stuff - sometimes more than once/day. MRE's, which are about as loaded with fat as you can get, don't make me feel sick. But McDonalds and these other places - vomit inducing. The food sits like a rock in my stomach.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Ugh - maybe once/year I'll be stuck in a situation where I have to eat at some place like Burger King, McDonalds, Wendy's, etc. The food is farking poison. I usually will get a chicken sandwich to try to be "semi-healthy", but after eating I always feel sick to my stomach for about 2 hours afterwards. I have no clue how so many Americans eat that stuff - sometimes more than once/day. MRE's, which are about as loaded with fat as you can get, don't make me feel sick. But McDonalds and these other places - vomit inducing. The food sits like a rock in my stomach.
You aren't properly evolved for modern life. I can eat fast food for every meal and feel fine.

Perhaps you should increase your hazelnut intake.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
I'm with BMF. I eat it every once in a while (when I absolutely have to) and I feel sick afterwards too. Once I actually had to throw-up due to it. When I smoked pot I used to smoke afterwards just to settle my stomach.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
You aren't properly evolved for modern life. I can eat fast food for every meal and feel fine.

Perhaps you should increase your hazelnut intake.
MREs are probably some of the worst food on earth - yet I can eat those for weeks at a time before they start getting to me. Yet one meal at one of the burger fastfood places, and I feel sick for hours. That has got to say something about how unhealthy that food is. I think you have to eat it regularly to gear your metabolism to deal with it.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
MREs are probably some of the worst food on earth - yet I can eat those for weeks at a time before they start getting to me. Yet one meal at one of the burger fastfood places, and I feel sick for hours. That has got to say something about how unhealthy that food is. I think you have to eat it regularly to gear your metabolism to deal with it.
Its higher in fat content than you are probably used to which is why you feel 'bloated' after.

I wind up eating there once or twice a week and have no lingering effect (except on my belly).

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
It may also be the salt content. And it may be that you are a girly man who can't handle a little fat in your meat.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
It's because your body is a finely tuned machine. It's rejecting the violation to that balance.

Personally, I'm built for urban warfare. I can handle all of it.

The Fillet O' Fish is the bomb.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
It's because your body is a finely tuned machine. It's rejecting the violation to that balance.

Personally, I'm built for urban warfare. I can handle all of it.

The Fillet O' Fish is the bomb.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
I don't eat all that healthy, and I certainly drink too much. There's something particularly toxic about the burger joint fast food. I even tried 5-Guys, which is supposed to be "good", and it's even worse than McDonalds. I can cook steaks at home - no problem. I eat a lot of turkey burgers - no problem. I eat plenty of chicken - no problem. But a chicken sandwich from McDonalds? Painful.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I don't eat all that healthy, and I certainly drink too much. There's something particularly toxic about the burger joint fast food. I even tried 5-Guys, which is supposed to be "good", and it's even worse than McDonalds. I can cook steaks at home - no problem. I eat a lot of turkey burgers - no problem. I eat plenty of chicken - no problem. But a chicken sandwich from McDonalds? Painful.
Definitely sounds like you can't handle the salt. Might be all that alcohol has horked your organs or something.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Worked at a BK for 5 years until recently, and I ate there daily. Yeah, it's not real food, but it settles fine in my stomach. If I take a few weeks away from fast food and go back i sometimes feel a bit sick, but I usually come to expect that!

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
MREs are probably some of the worst food on earth - yet I can eat those for weeks at a time before they start getting to me.
MREs may be the worst tasting food, but they are good for you. They are loaded in fats and nutrients (albeit not enough fibre). Fast food joints taste damn good, but are loaded in salts and fillers.

I think its half in your head, and half the fillers that get to you. I love fast food, but i can only eat it when i am traveling, its no good for you

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I have a pretty bomb-proof stomach and fast food is a weakness for me. But I do feel bad afterwards because it's SO bad for you. The primate brain (read: eat fat and salt) plays rough with the prefrontal cortex (where your brain says, "Think of the cholesterol!").

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I have a pretty bomb-proof stomach and fast food is a weakness for me. But I do feel bad afterwards because it's SO bad for you. The primate brain (read: eat fat and salt) plays rough with the prefrontal cortex (where your brain says, "Think of the cholesterol!").
I think my primate brain strangled the whiny death fearing parts of my brain. We're all gonna die. I'm having some butter.

Reactions: Casual Fan

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I think my primate brain strangled the whiny death fearing parts of my brain. We're all gonna die. I'm having some butter.
I'll deliver a touching eulogy for you. "Memebag was a horse's ass--never wrong and seldom helpful. However, he brought levity and the occasional insight to an internet discussion forum, and always paid his parking tickets on time."

It's a work in progress. Feel free to offer suggestions. I'm really sold on the horse's ass part, though.

:D

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I'll deliver a touching eulogy for you. "Memebag was a horse's ass--never wrong and seldom helpful. However, he brought levity and the occasional insight to an internet discussion forum, and always paid his parking tickets on time."

It's a work in progress. Feel free to offer suggestions. I'm really sold on the horse's ass part, though.

:D
Don't forget the hazelnuts and sundials.