How many of you miss what the Stern show used to be?

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by hank-the-dwarf, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut Well-Known Member

The first time I hear a richardandsal bit, I don't tell myself that it is going to suck. I don't normally love what they do, but they sometimes come through with something that is tolerable, or with something where I can see a germ of an idea, but mostly I don't care for the stuff that they do. But remember, that's the first time that I hear it that I feel that way.

I've heard so much of their stuff and I have fast forwarded through their stuff as well that I don't think the idea of tossing in something that hasn't been heard in over a decade is such a bad idea.

In this case I know that I'm not looking for things to suck, I'm hoping to hear something funny and not something that has been been over played. I would rather hear something that I haven't heard ever or hear something I haven't heard in a long, long time than to hear the same bits from the mind of richardandsal that run in a constant rotation.

2. flowerfeeder

flowerfeeder Member

I like the show more now because I have the ability to listen to it in its entirety.

3. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

Well i guess i dont mind the show now​

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  4. Wayne Edwards

Wayne Edwards Active Member

****edit*****

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  5. jamesp717

jamesp717 Member

No surprises here, I prefer the old days to the stuff they do today. Its actually not a radio show anymore its a promo for HTV and as much I like Howard I only have so many hours in a day I can give him and not to mention money.

The new show relies too much on outright raunchiness and sick behavior form Richard & Sal and every segment is begun with an inane phony phone call that I could do without, not to mention artie talking over everyone and adding his 2 dollars and twenty 2 cents. I mean is anything discussed that artie hasn't done and thinks his experience and little spin needs to dominate the airwaves ?

Howard was and is at his best when he is interviewing guests. The only thing better is when he either talks about his family or talks to his family. Howard's mother is radio gold and Howard's dad is a close second.