How many of you miss the punk channel?

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by hank-the-dwarf, Oct 13, 2008.

1. At least we still have Faction!

2. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

Is that supposed to make us feel better? :shifty:

3. No but they do play a bit o punk here and there!! Trust me I miss it too.

4. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

Heh - I think it's mainly the semi-insult that Sirius thinks it's good enough. There are so many rock channels to choose from but punk gets banished to some hybrid combo-channel.

5. ykw

ykw New Member

More like they play an occasional music track here and there, snuck in between all the drunken-teen yippity-yap, though it's always over by the time I actually get the station tuned in. Very occasionally, it's a punk song. More often, it's some awful emo or (an absolute sacrilege, an abomination of a combination) emo-metal joint.

There's more punk on Underground Garage than there is on Faction.

6. I know but its about all we have at this point, I think? I completely understand how you feel about the emo and stuff. I wish they would understand listeners needs and wants rather than what can sell another unit. I think eventually they will sort out what WE want vs what they think we want. I have cablevision and he have Music Choice, but it seems around every holiday "Alternative" becomes a second feed of holiday tracks. It sucks but how many letters or emails can I write, how many phone calls to cust. service can I make? If WE want change WE need to demand it!

7. fineware

fineware Member

I find it funny that the punk channel disappeared just as it's playlist was getting a little deeper. As for Faction, I listened to it before the punk channel was created. I started listening again after AC/DC, but found it hard to go back. Podcasts are now filling the void.

8. I know, but maybe it will come back in a better form and with a bit of goth and industrial mixed in, there is no channnel for that and that is a must.

9. ykw

ykw New Member

If the choice is between coming back "with a bit of goth and industrial mixed in" and not coming back at all... well, rest in peace, my Punk channel friends. Goth and industrial belong on LM, and not within spitting distance of a Punk lineup.

10. Crimsonkeel

Crimsonkeel New Member

Bring back PUNK it was the best channel on sirius and only one i could listen to for more than a few songs in a row
    its its own genre and should be represented. ditch one of the crap acoustic channels they have now

11. givemealiter

givemealiter Member

unfortunently the new punk channel is faction, and everything faction was before all mixed into one great channel

12. givemealiter

givemealiter Member

but i do wish fungus would return

13. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Perhaps they could do a punk show on Fraction. Sort of a 6 hour block of what was the punk channel? They did that with a Disco show on the 70s to take the sting away from the loss of Chrome/The Strobe.

14. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Every Tuesday Night 8pm est. XM52 Faction

This is on tonight at 8pm est. It is on every Tuesday night. I plan on giving it a listen.

8:00 PM–10:00 PM
    Faction
    XM 52

Marky Ramone's
    Punk Rock Blitzkrieg

The Ramones weren't just a punk band; for many, they epitomized everything cool about punk rock. Listen Tuesday nights as long-time drummer Marky Ramone plays live, rare and archival Ramones material, plus music that influenced the band, and classic and contemporary punk. He'll also host live in-studio guests and take calls from listeners. That could be you...talking to one of the Ramones. Pretty cool.

http://www.xmradio.com/onxm/channelguide.xmc?ch=52

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  15. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Listened to that all the time on Sirius when it was on Punk channel and Faction, it's a good set of music, but a little repetitive sometimes, but it is a somewhat acceptable subsitute.

16. IndustrialGoth

IndustrialGoth New Member

Not much on Industrial or Goth either

Except for a few NIN and old school Goth on 1st Wave, I haven't heard much on the Industrial or Goth side. If you listen to Vampirefreaks.com radio, you'll know what I mean and I'd like it in my car too. Any way to get the SJ's to play more Leather Strip, KMFDM?:bigahh:

17. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Man, I'm with you. I'd love to hear more crunchy goth and industrial stuff. KMFDM is a favorite.

Check in with Matt Sebastian, the host of the Dark Wave show and owner of Slicing Up Eyeballs.com, and hit up the First Wave Facebook page. Matt programs the Dark Wave show and would be the most direct way to get your voice heard.

Welcome to the DRC!