How Long Have You Been A Subscriber

Wolf

Rainbow Sherbet WILL ALWAYS BE ICE CREAM!
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I found SBS couple months later after I joined Sirius, because I had a question about my XACT at work. So I looked for my first post over at SBS and I didn't realize, I got into an argument fest about double posting with couple of the mods MM and DAB. :eek: I bet that a nice welcome to a forum. :hhh:

http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/sirius-backstage/install-garage-help-desk/63482-need-help-w-my-xact-work.html

Now after reading that old thread, I didn't realize how ugly I was back then.

Yes. You were a bit abrasive. Fortunatly the mods were patient back then and not the ban happy hardass ones we have now and they didn't ban you on the spot. If that had happened, Koop would have overrun this place with every thread about Zombies and Betty White.

Wolf

Rainbow Sherbet WILL ALWAYS BE ICE CREAM!
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
Yes. You were a bit abrasive. Fortunatly the mods were patient back then and not the ban happy hardass ones we have now and they didn't ban you on the spot. If that had happened, Koop would have overrun this place with every thread about Zombies and Betty White.

I can be a bit abrasive and ugly even in real life, if I see something I don't like, like obviously that old post, in my head I was being accused of double posting and I was being stupid and saying no I didn't double post back to back, just in different forums. Lucky, just how you said it IdRather, I would have been banned! Now from SBS to DRC, the mods kept me around. Which I thank them very much! But for Koop, I think he does overrun the place! :nana: j/k Koop! We have to keep you in line around here!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I can be a bit abrasive and ugly even in real life, if I see something I don't like, like obviously that old post, in my head I was being accused of double posting and I was being stupid and saying no I didn't double post back to back, just in different forums. Lucky, just how you said it IdRather, I would have been banned! Now from SBS to DRC, the mods kept me around. Which I thank them very much! But for Koop, I think he does overrun the place! :nana: j/k Koop! We have to keep you in line around here!

Too bad they didn't ban for bad spelling. . . . . ;)

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
Signed up: 2005 (for my birthday)
Canceled: 2007. (After the removal of Soul Street among others)

Will probably be back at some point, but in the form of an OEM. Maybe I can get Sirius and an AUX port in the same radio.

ai4i

Oct 22, 2008
Area Code 954
Been with XM since Jan 2, 2002, because the stores were closed on NY Day. With only a few thousand subs ahead of us and very few with mobile Email, all the PD's would reply in real time, like calling an FM station in the 1960's. That kind of one on one service will never happen again. Wish we had done it again a few months later when Sirius launched. They were way down in numbers until Howard came on board.

Most of our original presets have bitten the proverbial dust.

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
Been with XM since Jan 2, 2002, because the stores were closed on NY Day. With only a few thousand subs ahead of us and very few with mobile Email, all the PD's would reply in real time, like calling an FM station in the 1960's. That kind of one on one service will never happen again. Wish we had done it again a few months later when Sirius launched. They were way down in numbers until Howard came on board.

Most of our original presets have bitten the proverbial dust.

I know what you mean. I was in the original 60,000 subs of Sirius in my memory serves me correctly and I am sure it does. Back in those days every sub was critical for Sirius. My only complaint about Sirius/XM ~ there is too much content. :bigthumbup:

Reactions: HecticArt

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Sirius launched in 4 markets on Feb 14, 2002 and in July of that same year added the rest of the contiguous US.

I subscribed in October 2002 and I have never been without a sub to either Sirius and/or XM. I had both at times, but eventually settled on the XM side when they released the Xpress RC, which I still think is one of the best PNP radios on either Sirius or XM. I still have that radio in fact, but mainly use my XM Skydock now with my iPod Touch.

XM for the record launched in Sept 2001.

Last edited:

ai4i

Oct 22, 2008
Area Code 954
We have had a couple "RC's" but wish we could have found "R's".
Ten presets are not enough and many of the channel logos are hard to read.

Allanon

Oct 17, 2008
I've been a Sirius Canada subscriber since 2008.

Wow! I just realized that I'm now listening for free (or that I will shortly be)! The price of the lifetime sub was approx 3.5 years when I bought it. Yay!