Home Antenna Window Trick

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Install Bay' started by Mopar86, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Mopar86

Mopar86 Member

I found out one day that, You can attach the SIRIUS Home PNP Antenna to window with the SIRIUS One's Suction Cups.

You'll Need Four of them, but it will hold the Antenna on the glass quite tightly. The reasons to do this are many, if you need your antenna to stick to glass here's how:

1. Take a standard SIRIUS Home PNP Antenna
    2. Take (4) SIRIUS One Suction Cups and slide them into the grooves on the bottom of the PNP Antenna.
    3. And BAM instant Home Antenna Hanger

Here's a couple pics of what it looks like:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  2. DoublEE

DoublEE Active Member

That's freakin' genius. You da man!

Have a Schrute Buck on me:

[​IMG]

3. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

Josh (Mopar86) has been doing some experimenting with the Antennas. The funny thing is though we get such great reception at the TSS-Radio building we can take a Stiletto and get reception within two sets of walls in the middle of the 6000 sq foot warehouse.

4. Davis

Davis Member

You have got to be kidding me. This is a great idea! Now if only you could do the same with the SL100 headphones. That way I wouldn't have to pin them between the window and the blind.

5. Mopar86

Mopar86 Member

maybe a suction cup with a hook on it, from like Ace Hardware or Home Depot would work to hold the ant headphones

6. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Wow that is a great idea... this is why I love forums. No matter how long you've been around, you can always find and/or get new info.

Thanks... :)

7. Pedro

Pedro New Member

8. thegame310

thegame310 Member

That looks fantastic and extremely handy. My apartment setup could use that for sure! Now only if I had 4 sirius one suction cups lol.

Great work bro.

9. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

I'll send you some. You do a great job helping the posters in the www.btls.com forum in the Tom Taylor SIRIUS section that it's the least I could do. Just PM me you address.

10. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

Simply brilliant!

11. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

That is a great idea as I may try that in my motorhome kitchen set up. Thanks!

12. Motorhome

How many MPG you gettin with that?

13. Undertaker

Undertaker New Member

What about the exposure to rain, etc.? I didn't think they were for both inside/outside use.

Mopar86 likes this.
  14. Mopar86

Mopar86 Member

they are indoor/outdoor antennas(not that i would use them outside given the other outdoor antenna options) but you can use them outside.

This solution isnt the best for a permanent install, the suction cups will, after some time, lose their hold and fall off. its more of a temp or semi-permanent solution.

15. The Butler

The Butler Well-Known Member

I've had that antenna mounted to the side of my house near the roof line for three years. No problems.