Holy Crap what a wreck!!!!

Sirius01_8

Oct 14, 2008
Lets go back to the threads for California, Atlanta, Texas, etc etc. One common theme is how these tracks do not produce good side by side racing and no passing at the front of the fields.

I don't like the crashes at all either but it was the best race of the year so far, IMO it was better to watch than the Martinsville race, does anyone remember when they actually were able to run a Talladega race caution free.

Liek Jeff Burton said one time after he was involved in one of these big ones at "Dega, "All these cars have 3 pedals and a steering wheel, it is my job as a driver to use them all wisely."

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
The lead change on lap 22, 202, or 392 could be the winning pass of the race. Had Kyle Busch won last August at Bristol, his 3 wide pass for the lead on lap 70 would have been the winning move. Its not a forgone conclusion hes going to lose the lead the next lap, or 2 or 3 laps from then.

I'll just have to agree to disagree with you. It's not a type of racing that you like. It is a type of racing that I do. I'll leave it at that.

I don't like the crashes at all either but it was the best race of the year so far, IMO it was better to watch than the Martinsville race, does anyone remember when they actually were able to run a Talladega race caution free.

I don't remember if it was the last caution free race at Talladega but I remember the year that Mark Martin won running caution free. I think that it was also the fastest race average at that track. My guy finished second.

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
The last caution free race at Talladega was 2002, the first year they ran the 12 gallon feul cells. The race turned into a feul mileage race. The last one previous to that was 2001 where Bobby Hamilton won.

nafddur

Oct 18, 2008
I was there. It was an amazing race. The wreck began in front of me and ended just past out seats. Truly unbelievable.

How great is it to have a huge wreck right in front of you?? WOW!!!!

That's what Nascar's all about.

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
I don't want to eliminate those 2 tracks at all. I just want to upgrade them to current standards by knocking the banking down so the plates can be eliminated.
Tracks known for the `big ones' don't belong on the circuit and give our sport a bad name.

Maybe a handful of drivers who hope to fluke into a win every now and then like those places, but the drivers who are truly drivers (i.e. those who know how to race and pass to win) don't like them.

Again, losing the draft and 20 positions because you pulled out to pass and have zero throttle response ISN'T racing. Real race fans know that.

I'm starting to see your point, only the drivers that hope for a fluke win once in a while like these tracks. Such as past repeat winners like Dale Sr, Jeff Gordon, Bill Elliott, and a handful of others.

And although it's a free country (Thanks Sub), it would be nice if you would refrain from calling those of us who like the superspeedways "so-called" fans. If it's not your thing, I can respect that, but it's hard to have open minded discussions when one party insists on name calling. I hate road courses, but if people wanna spend their money on them, that's their biz.