Hey- Chill out !

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Hard Mix
SiriusXM Chill

Friday 1/6 at 9p E

South Carolina’s 21 year-old Noah Smith performs under the moniker Hard Mix and has made a cool, smoothed out mix for Sirius XM Chill. The mixtape features new track by Hard Mix as well as music from Burial, Four Tet, and Caribou amongst others. Check out the tracks on his website and let us know what you think! Noah Daniel Smith

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
I've actually been listening to this channel for the last few days and like it. I'm trying to listen to different channels. I usually start the year trying to listen to something different but eventually end up going back to my favorites.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
This is my favorite channel to listen to at night and into the morning hours on my SL2 with some great headphones on via the online stream. Very calming and cool. I also fall asleep to it when I have the SL2 in my boombox. Love all the mixshows and stuff they play.

T

tdevine

This is my favorite channel to listen to at night and into the morning hours on my SL2 with some great headphones on via the online stream. Very calming and cool. I also fall asleep to it when I have the SL2 in my boombox. Love all the mixshows and stuff they play.

I believe the channel only has one mix show, a 40 minute "mixtape" by Noah Smith (Hard Mix) that airs various days/times. The rest of the time the channel is automation.

T

tdevine

+2 for Thievery :agree:

If you guys like Chill you should check out Downtempo Sessions on "A State of Sundays" at 9-11 ET on Electric Area (SXM-52). It plays some downtempo electronica that Chill doesn't.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
For those not familiar with Thievery Corporation, this one's my favorite:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJfwdmE9WOI]Thievery Corporation - Mandala - YouTube[/ame]

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
For those not familiar with Thievery Corporation, this one's my favorite:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJfwdmE9WOI]Thievery Corporation - Mandala - YouTube[/ame]

Great stuff. SXM played a concert a few months ago. It was killer. Did you catch it?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Chill’s Haunted Halloween MixTape returns! Hear a mix of ghoulish grooves, bloody beats, and spooky surprises, featuring Chill’s darkest downtempo tracks and remixes. Debuts 6pm ET Halloween night on SiriusXM Chill 53.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
220px-Innocents_2013.jpg

This weekend...Moby takes over! Hear Moby discuss tracks from his new album: Innocents

T

tdevine

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
220px-Innocents_2013.jpg

Moby Chillout Weekend
Starts Tonight @ 5:00 pm ET
To celebrate the release of his 11th studio album Innocents, Moby is taking over SiriusXM Chill. Chill Out all weekend with Moby, as he chooses the music. Hear the new album, along with classic Moby songs and his personal favorite chill tracks.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Listened on the way home from work. Didn't catch any of his new stuff, but its interesting to hear him talk about other tunes.

Sent from Tapatalk.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Moby takes over SiriusXM Chill: New and old EDM favorites all weekend long

1425702_615460515167569_1326978149_n.jpg

Moby was around before electronic dance music hit mainstream airwaves, launching his career in the EDM scene in the early 1990s. Since then, the EDM mogul has released 10 studio albums and won multiple Grammy and MTV Awards. To celebrate the release of his 11th studio album Innocents, Moby is taking over SiriusXM Chill. He’ll be spinning his favorite tracks, both new and old, along with brand new tracks from his album all weekend long!

Before house, techno and EDM broke through the underground music world, Moby says he used to face ridicule. Listen to hear why he feels “vindicated†by the current mainstream approval https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmmusic/moby-feels-vindicated-by-the

Unlike most genres of music, Moby says that EDM does not rely directly on artist-based music sales. EDM artists stay relevant for a time period longer than other artists. “It’s really easy to be current and good because you’re playing great records from other people.†https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmmusic/moby-compares-the-longevity-of

Despite the rise of EDM, Moby is not keen on the use of mainstream records at festivals https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmmusic/moby-disapproves-of-edm-djs

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
I remember when this guy use to play ball for Syracuse
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4:00 am - 5:00 am Sugar Free Radio
Experience the after-hours chill vibes of DJ Rony Seikaly, former NBA star turned international producer. In his weekly radio show Sugar Free Radio, Rony showcases his unique musical style of deep house with an Ibiza flare. Airs on SiriusXM Chill Saturdays 1am ET with replays on Chill Mondays 1am ET, Electric Area Saturdays 11am ET & Mondays 7pm ET.

Reactions: HecticArt