Help me out with other good shows

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
NPR podcasts: This American Life, Fresh Air, All Songs Considered...

The Bugle Podcast

The Adam Carolla Podcast

The Bill Simmons Podcast

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
This American Life is one of the best shows I've ever heard. I've been listening to that on NPR since 1997. One of the best shows ever.

Yeah, they do an excellent job each week. Their live show from a couple of weeks ago made me tear up like a little girl more than once.

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

Jay Thomas 101 Friday mornings and other times probably on different channels

Blue Collar, Raw Dawg, but not the comedy channel from XM I have never heard anything funny on it.

NPR - Wait Wait Dont Tell, The Car Guys ....etc

Radio Classics - Old time radio shows

Damn I even listen to music on Siri, something I hadn't done one terrestrial radio in ages.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
ok...i gave ron and fez a shot today. not a big fan. now it didnt suck but i just dont think its for me. cant see myself listening on a regular basis. i didnt know one was a gay guy either. i doubt i would be able to put up with that affected voice everyday. so thanks for that suggestion guys and im glad some of you dig the show, but it not my style. ill give something else a try today and let ya know.

-jhdk

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I have never managed to catch "This American Life" when is it on ?

You can get a free podcast each week. If you go to the NPR website you can stream just about every show in the archives. They usually run about an hour in length.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
well i listened to ellis and its ok but i doubt it will be something i listen to with the regularity i do stern. but then again nothing will be like that. he was ok, better imo, than ron and fez, but still not up my alley.

i really hate to say it but so far, outside of the stern channel shows ive listened to ron and fez, ellis, and 0.0. as much as it pains me to say it, i thin my fav of those listed is 0.0. they were the most entertaining during the time i listened. i think i am going to take advantage of my best of xm package and start taping them next week. i dug the two shows i heard and think they are worth giving a shot. i used to listen to them on wysp in philly in the afternoon. i would do stern in the morn and 0.0 on the way home from school. then all the issues with stern came up and they got kicked off the station.

so all in all, im gonna give them another chance and listen to a week of shows. i get back to ya and let ya all know my thoughts.

-jhdk