Hancock

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Vargas, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Vargas

Vargas Molon Labe!

This movie really got panned when it came out this summer but I rented it and must say, I liked it.

It wasn't GREAT by any means but it was a pretty cool movie. It started out rather light and funny and then got serious and then went back to a pretty light ending.

I don't ask for much, just to be entertained and this movie was entertaining. Not as good as "I AM LEGEND" but still good.

Crazy that the Fresh Prince is actually one of the best actors in Hollywood now. he doesn't really make a bad movie.

2. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

Just watched it Wed night. My brother and I are pretty much in agreement with many of the reviews... the writer/s had a great idea and the movie started off good, but they couldn't really figure out where to take the great idea and so the movie sort of got fragmented and fizzled out towards the end.

/I am Legend was outstanding.

3. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

I still haven't seen I Am Legend. I have to add that one to my Netflix.

4. TheScionicMan

TheScionicMan Last non-Hating Stern Fan

That sounds like my review of I Am Legend. Started off great but I didn't really like the ending. They lost me when they went all God and Butterflies... too many holes and too many better ways they could have gone with it, IMO.

The ad I heard the other day for Hancock sounded a lot different than how the original ads made it appear.

5. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

I watched it the other day and I'd say it was OK, but not all that great. I had to get past the first 10-15 minutes to start enjoying it though. Like others have said, it's a great idea and the execution fell a bit short. I mean there was barely even a main bad guy in the movie!

6. v1ru5

v1ru5 Well-Known Member

I have to agree with CPT.badmotherfarker, near the and it just went downhill fast.

7. Vargas

Vargas Molon Labe!

Read the book by Richard Matheson (it is a novella, actually) and the movie will make a little more sense. The book is very different but it somehow makes the movie better.

The book was MUCH more depressing though.

8. TheScionicMan

Read? With 10 hours of talk radio per day, who's got time? I've got Too Fat To Fish, been sitting on my desk since it was released and I haven't even finished the foreward...

9. TheScionicMan

What I'm really dying to watch again is the movie in Vargas's avatar. I think I've still got it on VHS...

10. Vargas

Vargas Molon Labe!

My all time fav. I think it is one of the most important films ever made and to a point, Tyler Durden was right. Should be mandatory viewing for men 20-34.

11. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

That is a seriously bad ass movie.

12. radsatdaily

radsatdaily Member

I saw it in the theaters it's pretty funny and silly at the same time.

A drunk super hero? :eek: