Halloween Programming

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by Aaron, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Sirius will start Halloween programming on Sunday, October 26 on channel 113.

SIRIUS Satellite Radio - Your Halloween Soundtrack

SCREAM 113
    For a ghoulish Halloween, tune in to SIRIUS Scream 113 from Sunday, October 26 to Sunday, November 2. The channel will feature spooky songs and sound effects, Halloween stories from SIRIUS Stars and personalities (Martha Stewart, Deepak Chopra, Jay Thomas and Cousin Brucie, among them), Halloween-related interviews and features, listener comments, and more. And on October 31, Scream 113 is the place for your sound track for Halloween with 24 hours of blood curdling sound effects … Don’t say we didn’t warn you!

I have not seen an announcement from XM yet.

[​IMG]

2. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Ewww, I am scared already! LOL

Thanks for the announcement, I will check this out for sure!

I have the Mannheim Steamroller, Halloween, Halloween Creatures of the Night and Halloween Creatures of the Night Part 2 on my iPod. It more or less new age, but it is creepy as hell and with gapless playback pretty darn cool.

3. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Member

Very cool. I'm gonna crank up my FM tranmitter and hide a boombox in my spooky front yard. Maybe somewhere near my grave with Howard Stern's head digging out. (no joke)

4. Blitz71

Blitz71 Member

Last year I sat outside to hand out candy and had Sirius Halloween blaring for all the kiddies.

5. syphix

syphix Member

Was "Scream 113" streamed online last year? Will it be this year? I'd love to use my Stiletto via wifi to creep out the trick-or-treaters...

And they should fix that FYE banner...they're not getting their money's worth...

6. Davis

Davis Member

Good idea. I would love to do that but I don't get any kids around here. I love too far in BFE

7. Blitz71

Blitz71 Member

I felt bad (sort of) for the one little kid. He was pretty young. He got freaked out.

8. Davis

Davis Member

The one time I handed out candy it was at my, at the time, Fiance's house. We painted a jack-o-lantern on it and had the mouth cut-out. The bowl of candy was sitting in front of the mouth and I was in the box. She was about 1/4 of the way from the street to the house and I was 1/2 way up. She was disguised as a bush and jumped up at the kids; that way they didn't expect anything to be up with the box. Well, all went great until I made a kid cry and the mother knocked the box over, throwing me off my chair and onto the driveway.

Needless to say, I stopped grabbing the kids' hands. Instead I just moved the box and yelled.

9. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

Thanks for the Head's up. I'm tuning in for a little while. Mad Dog Russo was just telling a creepy story. XM Core 134

10. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Here is XM's Halloween schedule:

SIRIUS XM Radio Presents Frightfully Festive Halloween

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    XM Gore 134
    October 26 - October 31
    *All day and night October 31, 24 hours of blood-curdling Halloween sound effects

For 24 hours on October 31 we will broadcast thrilling Halloween sound effects, making them the perfect catchy, creepy, fun atmospheres for Halloween parties at work or at home, to listen to in the car driving around the neighborhood trick-or-treating and to play in the house and front yard as trick-or-treaters come over.

11. kingchuck69

kingchuck69 Joker! Joker! Joker!

Tonight, Dark Wave on Sirius 22 1st Wave will be playing blocks of 'desert island' bands submitted by its listeners. Adam from She Wants Revenge will join host Christopher the Minister.

12. MadisonRadio1

The same channel must be on both XM and Sirius. The announcer is saying Sirius Scream 113 and XM Gore 134.

13. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Ewwww.... I guess that is what we have to look forward to when they merge these channels.

14. Santinelli

Santinelli Member

Happily listening to XM 134! :) Everyone in the office is excited to have some Halloween stuff going on! Thank you XM.... :)

15. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Last year XM did "Igor". It was all music no celeberaty babble and stories and crap.
    It was a pretty good channel. Since they obviously trashed the XM version, not sure why they couldn't have just made it Scream on both systems.

16. MadisonRadio1

I hope they don't trash Holly.

17. IdRatherBeSkiing

I listened to this on my car XM radio tonight ... it sucks. The stories are boring. They fill it with stupid sound effects. And the station ids are horrible. On top of that there is no pad data. Song & Artist always show as "Happy Halloween".

If my son didn't like this channel I wouldn't listen again.

18. me_rubin

me_rubin Member

I agree...

Listened for 10 minutes on my way home.. 2 stories and I was through..

19. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I think its pretty cute. I have enjoyed several stories by DJ's and others. The music is cool too.

Oh well different strokes for different folks! The fact is there just isn't a whole lot of Halloween Programming.

20. IdRatherBeSkiing

Did you ever listen to XM's Igor channel last year? It had the music, proper PAD data and was a very good channel.

I could live with this channel if they got rid of the crappy "scary" sounds and the station ids. Some of the stories aren't that bad but they intersperse it with crap. Also they don't need to do 1 song, 1 story. 5-1 would be a good song - story ratio.