Great Finish or Great Race?

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Great Race. Kept my interest the whole time. Finish? Just racing...no fault...ain't like it's the first time in NASCAR history the leaders wrecked coming to the finish...hmmm...naw...won't name the biggies that have made similar moves...not important.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Yeah but instead of the front 4 cars fighting itself out by themselves, you had the front 4 cars fighting themselves out with everyone on their tail. Kyle Busch may still have wrecked and everything but they wouldnt of piled up 10 other cars. WIthout that caution Scott Speed wouldnt of wrecked.

That phantom caution was just another example of the scumbag blood suckers who run this shitshow to have their sportcenter finish. They dont give a crap about saftey, they never have.

I went back and watched the final laps again yesterday. The way I saw it, even if those last two cautions hadn't came out, you still would have had the same four guys battling for the lead. If the same moves played out on those final two laps up front, I think you would have seen similar results. Those four guys weren't far enough ahead of the pack to give them time to slow down should a caution have been displayed. I think you still would have had many cars involved.

As far as the sportcenter finish goes. Close finishes are what a majority of fans remember IMO. Close finishes & wrecks fill the promo's that these networks use to advertise the next race.

I don't buy the safety comment. I think that they do care about safety. I'll agree to disagree on that one. We'd only be arguing opinions anyhow.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
you still would have had the same four guys battling for the lead.

Most likely but I still can't stand cautions like that. It's not right. Otherwise just tell everybody that with 10 to go there will always be a caution in every race. I can't stand manipulation.

Close finishes & wrecks fill the promo's that these networks use to advertise the next race.

Yep, and people like to see the wrecks no matter how holy they want to think of themselves. :p

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Most likely but I still can't stand cautions like that. It's not right. Otherwise just tell everybody that with 10 to go there will always be a caution in every race. I can't stand manipulation.

I kinda look at it like this. It seems like many times that one of these debris cautions are thrown, there are always questions of its validity if the television coverage doesn't cover the track worker going out to pick up something. Many times, the TV coverage goes straight to break under these circumstances. When the caution is brought on because of some kind of wreck on the track, they'll always show endless replays of that because it's much more dramatic than watching a track worker jump out of the back of a truck to pick up a fender brace or something similar. There's normally a few cars running around the track in the later part of the race that are being held together by the 200 mph tape and sometimes stuff falls off. I am not trying to convince you of anything but just because they don't show you what the debris is, doesn't mean that it isn't there. In the race the other day, I don't see where they had anything to gain by throwing a caution. The pack was already tight enough to produce a close finish.

Yep, and people like to see the wrecks no matter how holy they want to think of themselves. :p

Many, yes.

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
The 4 cars that were in the lead before the bogus debris yellow were 3.5 seconds ahead of 5th place and pulling away at 3 tenths a lap. That can be checked if you like but take my word for it, I checked. SO come 10 laps later to the finish the lead group would have been 5-6 seconds ahead. Kyle Busch could still have wrecked and the main pack behind would have had ample time to drink coffee, eat a donut and slow down for Kyle's wrecked car. All that equals a 1 car crash.

BUT because the aforementioned scumbag bloodsuckers love their carnage, they throw a bogus yellow so we can have a "thrilling finish SHOOTOUT STYLE™" Then we get 2 cautions, 45 mintues of my wasted time and 14 wrecked cars.

Nascar gives a crap about saftey? Give me a break. Id link you to the 2007 Daytona 500 finish but I dont get youtube at work.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
It might have still happened it might not of, something that no one will ever know. It is all a part of racing and I don't like to see it happen even to Kyle Busch but it does happen, like I said a part of racing if people can't deal with that then just simply don't watch it, it is going to happen...

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
No it shouldn't be a part of racing, but in Nascar I am afraid it has become that way. And I wasn't talking about debris we don't see, I am talking about the way they can tend to finish these races with horrific crashes..... And man I wish they would stop the ShootOut Style talk, it is old and annoying already..lol

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
[QUOTE And man I wish they would stop the ShootOut Style talk, it is old and annoying already..lol[/QUOTE]

Speed has dropped it. Bagley is carrying it forward.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
tend to finish these races with horrific crashes.....

Seems to me it's been only with plate races....going into a curve where the finish line is.

Shoot. If nascar REALLY had their way they'd probably want EVERY race to be a plate race. (well, maybe not all but...)

It still totally blows me away that some think the 'dega and daytona races are the best. :eek: But then I'm a nut case so who am I to talk? :p

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I'll take a short track over any other. I think that is the best racing. Richmond, Martinsville or Bristol, which ever, it doesn't matter.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Calypso7777 said:
And man I wish they would stop the ShootOut Style talk, it is old and annoying already..lol

Speed has dropped it. Bagley is carrying it forward.

TNT is still overdoing it and same with Victory Lane on Speed so Speed hasn't completely dropped it.... Hopefully soon tho and hopefully ESPN/ABC won't do it..lol

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
The wrecks are choreographed several weeks in advance just like the cautions are planned.:p

I heard somewhere that they are way ahead of schedule and have finished the script for Talladega already. I heard from a friend who's cousin knows this guy who's sister is in charge of handing out the scripts and he said that there will be a debris caution with 8 to go. I don't know if it's true or not but that's what I heard. :yesshake: