Gay News

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Same-Sex Marriage is in the category of political talk and probably shouldn't be talked here. But I took down the political forum a few months ago, since it went dead. But anyway if the mods/admin wants to shut down this thread it ok and I understand. But all I want to say is finally Arizona becomes the 31st state to allow same-sex couples to get married and I always knew it was very unconstitutional and breaking the law!

Arizona gay marriage legal; couples marry immediately

Same-sex marriage in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On October 17, 2014, U.S. District Judge John W. Sedwick declared Arizona's ban on same-sex marriage unconstitutional and enjoined the state from enforcing its ban, effective immediately. Arizona Attorney General Tom Horne said the state would not appeal the ruling and instructed county clerks to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples. On the same day, U.S. District Judge Scott Skavdahl ruled for the plaintiff same-sex couples in Wyoming in Guzzo v. Mead, but stayed enforcement of his ruling until 5 pm MDT on October 23 or until the defendants have informed the court that they will not appeal to the Tenth Circuit, whichever is first

Last edited:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
You all know, I am bi-sexual and I majorly support the LGBT community. I don't have a life partner, but hopefully one day I will have one, but if I ever find one him and I can finally get married now in Arizona. I know a few gays and they are very happy today and will be probably be getting married soon. So I guess I will be attending a couple of weddings soon.

Last edited:

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
For all the claims by the GOP that they're the "party of the constitution", laws they pass (gay marriage and voter ID in particular) seem to be constantly getting overturned due to being unconstitutional.

Reactions: Ehilbert1

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
im loving how this fight is finally pretty much over. it was great to read that the supreme court refused to hear appeals by a bunch of states and thus saying the rulings of the fed judges who made it legal stand. and great to hear about arizona and wyoming yesterday. im looking forward to the day the ban gets overturned in fl. also i read an article a few weeks back about how in every governors race this time around no one has anti gay rights as part of their agenda/talking points. even those opposed just dont want to talk about it. i get a kick out of people still against it. its like come on, ur clearly on the wrong side of history here. u already look silly, in a generation people are going to be amazed that it was ever an issue in the first place.

oh and wolf screw u....u know u have a partner, how dare u forget me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolf

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
oh koop, I didn't forget you. You're my internet partner and we have plenty of cyber sex. :p
And now would be a good time to poke out my mind's eye with a screwdriver.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
You all know, I am bi-sexual and I majorly support the LGBT community. I don't have a life partner, but hopefully one day I will have one, but if I ever find one him and I can finally get married now in Arizona. I know a few gays and they are very happy today and will be probably be getting married soon. So I guess I will be attending a couple of weddings soon.

I thought you had a girlfriend. Is she tied up in Koop's basement?

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Okay, third post in a row. We just had our (f-ing ridiculous) 2006 anti-gay marriage amendment to the state constitution here in Virginia overturned, and a bunch of gay couples just got married in Roanoke. One ceremony was officiated by a gay minister, who used to be a straight Methodist minister, married to a woman, also a Methodist minister, before he figured out what his body and mind were telling him. The two of them spoke to our Kiwanis club a couple of years ago--they still love each other, just not in a sexual way. They've both remarried.

Freddie Mercury had the same kind of relationship before he came out. His ex nursed him at his bedside as he lay dying. He left her his mansion in England. He said, "You would have been my wife, and it would have been yours, anyway."

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Current events are allowed. We just want to avoid any "Blame Bush" and "Thanks, Obama" discussions.

Carry on.

thats good to know. ive wanted to talk about the governors race and the medical pot votes down here in fl but didnt know if i should. ill probably start civil discussions about them sometime.

well we all know that dab is the only current resident of my basement. by girlfriend u may be thinking about how i dress in drag for wolf from time to time.

Reactions: Wolf and Casual Fan

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix

I did had a girlfriend earlier in the year for a few months, it was somewhat working out. Now we just see each other from time to time to hang out and other good stuff.

Last edited: