Gave up on the show 15 mins. in

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by RDog, Jan 5, 2009.

1. RDog

RDog Well-Known Member

Was looking forward to hearing a new show for 2 weeks; Artie's not in and apparently it's a "saga" - unfortunately, Stern's never getting to the story. I didn't wait 2 weeks to listen to impressions of his parents. Guess I'll have to catch the replay, this is unbearable!!! :mad:

2. Smok44

Smok44 Member

Whatever! You just can't please people, they bitch when its not live, then when its live they still bitch. Go listen to Imus then.

3. k9feces

k9feces Member

Sucks for you, the story had a great ending.

4. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

I missed the beginning of the show (was listening to another channel and didn't pay attention to the time)... Did Artie call in "sick" again or what?

5. almaniac27

almaniac27 Member

Something about Artie saying he was at rehab but was really on a boat with Ross.

6. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

They really got to let him go. He clearly doesn't care enough for the show to come in and it saves SIRIUS some cash in the long run since they only renew his contract annually.

7. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

Artie the liar!

8. Snoozer

Snoozer Well-Known Member

I like Artie on the show but this is getting to be a bit much now.

9. jamesp717

jamesp717 Member

Hey Now

I am loving it, thinking about calling out just so I don't miss any of an artie free day. :crazy:

10. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

this is how i felt when he slept on the air.

11. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

Yeah. It's time he either shapes up or they let him go.

12. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

He doesn't deserve to sit in The Jackie Chair. :(

13. DoublEE

DoublEE Active Member

Artie's continuing challenge to Howard's authority will force Howard's hand. Artie is making Howard look weak and foolish. Howard will have no choice but to get rid of Artie, which is exactly what Artie's self-fulfilling prophecy wants.

14. Snoozer

Snoozer Well-Known Member

Ding ding ding...Artie's on herion again. He's just called in and admitted it. Says he's in rehab.

15. GoodDog

GoodDog Well-Known Member

Never happen as Stern likes him and feels sorry for him.

16. DoublEE

DoublEE Active Member

Howard has a program to run. Artie is bad business. Even Howard has his limits.

17. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut Well-Known Member

Are you suggesting that Artie is pulling a "Thursday at 11:15AM, 'I remember back onda 'Norm' show" type of situation on Howard?

18. Forevernever

Forevernever Active Member

More Artie schtick. Talk about starting the New Year off with new energy.

Smart thing that fat fuck did, going to "rehab" (anyone really believe he's in rehab?) following the end of a History special. Listening to Act II (what little I did) just underscored how superior Jackie was. The show was funnier, more dynamic - more alive. Couldn't they bring Jackie back for the last two years? Its would be for just two years - end the show's swan song with the original golden-years line-up.

I actually blame Artie, not Howard, for a the staleness of the show. Its hard to get momentum going when one of your crew is asleep or absent all the time. With that fat albatross hanging around his neck, how can Howard try anything new? Too bad Stern's such a loyal guy.

19. Die_LaMattres

Die_LaMattres Active Member

Each time Artie crashes, heroin is involved. Even when he's on the show and allegedly not high, he romanticizes about it.

Couldn't he go to a hospital and get hooked up to an IV solution that "flushes" the craving out? Do they still do that? That would free him up to work on his multiple other issues.

20. Forevernever

Forevernever Active Member

Ok, I knew it was coming, but all the "Act II was the best thing to ever air" calls, followed by Howard's claim that he did it "for us" and that they invested so much time and money into it so we could have "premium" content during vacations was really, really insulting. If he needs that much stroking and self-indulgence, why doesn't he just masturbate on air?

Take all that money and pay the staff a decent wage, then let them develop some new, live programing to air during vacations instead of that MTT rehash with 30 second interviews laid over music that was a decade or more behind the times (same music played in Act I) that the special was covering.