G2 help

Discussion in 'MOG, Pandora, Spotify, Rdio' started by KTMCDO, Nov 1, 2008.

1. KTMCDO

KTMCDO Member

i got my g2 today fedex delivered
    and i cant get it to connect to my network
    my security is WPA-PSK [TKIP]
    i tried it with Wep still wont connect

2. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I don't know my network is WPA-2, I have a Linksys Wireless Router.

What brand do you have? I really don't know much about supporting connectivity issues, you maybe better off asking over at the Stacker Forum.

I think I would try to remove all security and see if it can connect. Then go back and add security again. Are you connecting with the SSID broadcasting or connecting to a hidden SSID?

3. KTMCDO

KTMCDO Member

the router is a netgear wpn824v3
    and the ssid is broadcasting

4. roscoryan

roscoryan DRC Graphics Guru

I'm not a networking expert, but did you try lower-case letters (assuming you entered upper-case letters to begin with)...I'm not even sure that would make a difference, but it's worth a try.

5. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

What about the known issue of the SSID having a space? Does yours? If it does you need to rename it to something that doesn't have a space.

6. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Just a wild guess here but is your router updated with the latest firmware? This fixed many a SL2 issue at SBS as a lot of routers out of the box have bugs in the security software which have been addressed in updates.

7. KTMCDO

KTMCDO Member

no my ssid doesnt have a space in the name
    and yes router has the latest software
    and passphrase is all numbers

8. MikeV

MikeV Member

MAC address filtering? Some people turn this on, even when they have other security settings (WEP, WPA, etc.) enabled.

Also, try turning all security off momentarily, just to see if it connects then.

My G2 connects to my 802.11G network with WPA2 enabled and SSID broadcasting with no problems.

9. KTMCDO

KTMCDO Member

do we have any slacker users from the albuquerque nm area ?

10. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Hey KTMCDO did you ever get this issue resolved? Let us know!

11. RomeE

RomeE New Member

We got him working via USB refresh. For some reason we are still working with him, the wifi router and the G2 are not communicating with each other properly.

Honestly, we haven't had other issues like this one, so we are still troubleshooting on this particular issue.

Honestly, Wifi almost always works out of the box with no issues. The issues that people do run into are normally associated with older firmware that didn't handle spaces in the network name, or people typing in the password in caps rather than lower case.

Thanks,
    Rome E
    Slacker Support

12. KTMCDO

KTMCDO Member

yes it has been resolved had the geek squad come out yesterday
    turns out my settings were screwed up now its working
    via wifi and usb

13. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Great that is good news!

14. RomeE

RomeE New Member

Hey KTMCDO,
    Do you mind shooting us an email at support@slacker.com and letting us know what the Geek Squad did? It might be helpful to understand the situation in case others run into.

Thanks,
    Rome E
    Slacker Support

15. KTMCDO

KTMCDO Member

email has been sent