Every Superhero Movie Coming Out Through 2020

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
We Listed Ever Superhero Movie Coming Out Through 2020 And It's Terrifying - Yahoo TV

94b5001b0d4968f3c2aac94726f2216b

Reactions: semipenguin

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Movies just haven't cut the mustard this summer.

I heard it was a huge blockbuster bust.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I'm sure the investors in huge blockbusters are sad about that, but why should anyone else care?

I enjoyed "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" and "Godzilla".
Because original movies are a big gamble for the industry. If they don't make money whereas sequels do, you can count on not seeing any real new stuff.

Maybe you don't care...I know I don't. Sequels are an easy bet for Hollywood.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Because original movies are a big gamble for the industry. If they don't make money whereas sequels do, you can count on not seeing any real new stuff.

Maybe you don't care...I know I don't. Sequels are an easy bet for Hollywood.

I don't understand your post. The top 8 films this summer are all sequels, remakes or spin-offs. The only original content in the top 10 (excluding a Marvel movie based on a less well known comic book) is "Fault in Our Stars", and it's made 10 times as much as it cost to make.

If Hollywood has a lesson in these numbers it's that original films are more profitable than sequels.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I don't understand your post. The top 8 films this summer are all sequels, remakes or spin-offs. The only original content in the top 10 (excluding a Marvel movie based on a less well known comic book) is "Fault in Our Stars", and it's made 10 times as much as it cost to make.

If Hollywood has a lesson in these numbers it's that original films are more profitable than sequels.
What do you make of this?

List of film sequels by box-office improvement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The concept isn't hard to understand, nor is it my own.

An original movie has the potential to flop, as it's unproven. It may make a ton of money by itself - it may not. However, successful sequels, namely the 2nd movie, can generate more revenue over the long haul for a franchise. Less risk, more potential profits. Easy, right?

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
What do you make of this?

List of film sequels by box-office improvement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The concept isn't hard to understand, nor is it my own.

An original movie has the potential to flop, as it's unproven. It may make a ton of money by itself. However, successful sequels, namely the 2nd movie, can generate more revenue over the long haul for a franchise movie.

What I don't understand is what that has to do with this summer's box office results. The numbers are down from last year and the top 10 is full of sequels.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
What I don't understand is what that has to do with this summer's box office results. The numbers are down from last year and the top 10 is full of sequels.
The movies are still generating retarded amounts of money...just not as much as 2013.

2015 should prove better.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Avatar (2009 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Avatar the #1 movie box office hit of all-time, with an worldwide gross of $2,787,965,087. They are making an #2 and 3, but it won't be coming out sometime in 2016 - 2018. I doubt the sequels could reach the amount the first one made, unless James Cameron can blow everybody minds and make them the future all-time gross movie?

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Avatar (2009 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Avatar the #1 movie of all-time, with an worldwide gross of $2,787,965,087. They are making an #2 and 3, but it won't be coming out sometime in 2016 - 2018. I doubt the sequels could reach the amount the first one made, unless James Cameron can blow everybody minds and make them the future all-time gross movie?
Naturally, there are exceptions.

But these large film companies don't want to gamble with their money. They got lucky with Avatar...it easily could have flopped. BUT because it was so successful, more money is being invested into the sequels that new and original movies may not get.

Reactions: Wolf

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
There are people that just hate Michael Bay movies. Hate the idea of his movies. I'm just like WTF?? Who cares?? If your not going to see them then what is the problem? I don't mind them. To me their popcorn movies with big ass explosions. I took my nephew to see the new Transformers. It wasn't that great but he loved it.

We go see a lot of those super hero movies. It's a bonding thing. I figure fathers take their sons to see them too. Some have been good and some have been bad. It's obvious their making money. The new Transformers was't great but made a ton of cash here and over seas.

Hey Semi. I want to see the sequel to Death Blow! Gotta love Seinfeld!