Escape

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by IdRatherBeSkiing, Nov 12, 2008.

1. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Escape used to be 78 on XM. They moved it to 76 on Sirius and 28 on XM. Why not just move it to 76 on both platforms?

2. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

OH so many questions and oh so little logic in some of these changes! :scratch:

3. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Some people used to say that Movin' EZ sounded like elevator music.
    Escape really IS elevator music!

4. v1ru5

v1ru5 Well-Known Member

:hah:

5. Jaspear

Jaspear New Member

Elevator music that is consistently some of the most listened to music on XM. Which is why its now on Sirius.

6. lronglien

lronglien Member

Escape is one of the hidden gems of the XM band. I was pleased this morning when my Sirius car radio updated to find it on 76. Good going Sirius!

7. Troglodyte

Troglodyte Member

That's the truth! Escape is awful! Out of this murder spree, losing Movin' Easy has been the hardest for me to except......

8. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

I miss Movin EZ, I was always suprised that Sirius didn't have something like XM's Sunny (which I guess is Escape now, with some vocals). Then again, we still don't have a Folk or Funk channel.

9. v1ru5

v1ru5 Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong I listen to Escape also, just that his post tickled me for some reason.

10. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I miss Movin' Easy as well and I tried Escape for a little while and I am enjoying some of that music. Isn't Escape and Spa almost sound alike?

11. Troglodyte

Troglodyte Member

Funk? We barely have Soul channels now!

12. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I made this a preset of mine yesterday. It sounds good...:)

13. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

me too

14. jam_yankee

jam_yankee New Member

I left Sirius some years ago because there was no "stream" with Escape's programming. I don't listen to it all the time but it is a daily play. Great music progamming that relaxes in the "background."

For those that say Movin' Easy was similar, they are wrong. Movin' Easy was a very nice easy going vocal music channel but isn't even close to the type of music you'll hear on Escape. Completely different genre.

Escape was always in XM's top 10 most listened to channels so while most might not be candid enought to admit it, there are subscribers who do enjoy beautiful music.

Glad Escape was kept....that's all I can say.

15. satrad65

satrad65 Member

Escape is one of the better XM channels that is now on Sirius