Ecigarettes...

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Any of you smoking these? I was smoking 2-3 cigars/day since Afghanistan - which gets expensive at $8-12 each. I came across ecigs in Portland and am really liking them. Don't smoke cigars anymore (well, rarely). Saves me a lot of money.

/sorry if this is a repeat.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I smoke a couple 2 or 3 cigars a year, but that's about it. I used to smoke a pipe from time to time, but it's been forever.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
There are some good cigars for $5-$6 a pop. One a day still adds up a little bit, but doesn't seem excessive. But then the Mrs Bad might not be crazy about the smell. I guess that's something for the other thread.

Hyson recommended an A Fuente, Grand Reserve that was excellent at $7.

But I suppose I'm encouraging you to go the wrong direction..... Smoking is bad.....Mmmm kay????
The cigs are probably a lot better for you.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Nicotine is bad for you. I haven't used for several years now. I smoked cigarettes in the 80s, switched to cigars in the 90s, then chewed nicotine gum for over 10 years.

I mean, nicotine is also good for you. It raises the stimulus barrier at the synapse level, which helps you concentrate, and that helps you learn and rememeber. But it also raises blood pressure, do figure out some other way to be smart.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
My Dad has smoked these nasty ass cheap White Owl New Yorker cigars since before I can remember. In the house no less, while he chomps on the end. Disgusting.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
And any cigar from Arturo Fuente is generally a bargain. For a long time I smoked Montessinos, which are made by Fuente. They were less than $2 a stick until Cigar Afficionado magazine rated them a 98. I used to have humidors full of those. Mmmmmmm.

From time to time I'm tempted to smoke one, but I know that after I do I will want just one more. So no more nicotine for me.

Reactions: HecticArt

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Nicotine is bad for you. I haven't used for several years now. I smoked cigarettes in the 80s, switched to cigars in the 90s, then chewed nicotine gum for over 10 years.

I mean, nicotine is also good for you. It raises the stimulus barrier at the synapse level, which helps you concentrate, and that helps you learn and rememeber. But it also raises blood pressure, do figure out some other way to be smart.
You were on the 5 year plan, but I guess you skipped the chewing tobacco.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Nobody should be a slave to an addiction. We're stonger, better than that.