Drones

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Crooks will use anything they can to commit crimes.

Law enforcement trys to use drones to prevent crimes, but as Meme pointed out, in Enrique's case, they weren't able to. He finished the show anyway.

Reactions: semipenguin

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
That reminds me of the duchebag that sticks his hand in a plastic fan.

What, I've done that.

Reactions: JHDK

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I'm more worried about drones being used by the government to spy on us more, which actually is a crime.
Also I am worried about drones flying all over the place all the time adding noise and pollution and potentially crashing and injuring people, I'm afraid these things are going to be a public nuisance.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I'm more worried about drones being used by the government to spy on us more, which actually is a crime.
Also I am worried about drones flying all over the place all the time adding noise and pollution and potentially crashing and injuring people, I'm afraid these things are going to be a public nuisance.
What crime? And how will they be "flying all over the place"? They can't occupy private property, they have to avoid buildings and people, and why wouldn't someone just shoot them down?

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
What crime? And how will they be "flying all over the place"? They can't occupy private property, they have to avoid buildings and people, and why wouldn't someone just shoot them down?
They'll follow you as you drive down the road

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
They can't see anything that can't be seen by someone on a stakeout with a high power camera lens and whatnot. They can just move around easier. The noise pollution, crashing into crap, and the chopping off of pop singers fingers is more problematic to me.

I was recently at a lecture with a guy that makes drones and sells a lot of them to the defense department. He said that even the good ones can only fly for 20 minutes or so. So if one is following you, and you want to do something you shouldn't be doing, just wait 20 minutes.

blyons200

Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
One would probably get in trouble for shooting a drone down no? And is airspace above your home private property? If so how high up?

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
One's private property cannot be legally surveilled, plus there's no purpose in doing so. Technology has existed for years that can photograph private property in detail, yet it's not being done. I'm sure that when automobiles started appearing, some people were convinced they'd be used to run people down left and right.

Legal or not, Amazon drones carrying merchandise will be shot down, unless they're at a sufficient altitude, in excess of 1,000 ft.

blyons200

Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
If drones want to see me swimming nekkid, bring it on, drones! I have no shame.
Wouldn't really bother me either, but it might bother Jennifer Aniston, or (insert starlet everyone wants to see nude here)

Last edited:

blyons200

Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I'm sure that when automobiles started appearing, some people were convinced they'd be used to run people down left and right.
Currently the only use for drones is for dropping bombs on people and surveillance. Nothing stopped the government from illegal recording phone calls, etc. So just because they aren't supposed to use drones to spy illegal doesn't mean they won't.
I just think this opens a huge can of worms, we need to proceed slowly.