Drc March Madness

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
Since march madness is right around the corner, I thought it would be fun to create our own version of march madness bracket. I was thinking of possibly going with the theme of singers/bands, since it mostly popular around here. Maybe we can go up to bracket of 32 or possibly more, depends on how good singers/bands we can think of and agree with.

I was thinking of a simple rule system, we nominate some singers/bands and have at least 3 or more agreements?

Also I have a voting poll covered, I found a site where I can set up a free poll, where everybody can vote and don't worry about signing up. How does this sound with you guys?

Last edited:

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
These are some artist/bands I would like to see in the bracket.

Bon Jovi
Metallica
Tool
Brooks & Dunn
Disturbed
Five Finger Death Punch
Guns & Roses
Kid Rock
Lady Gaga
George Strait
Kenny Chesney
Linkin Park
Matchbox Twenty
Michael Jackson
Motley Crue
Rob Zombie
Slayer
Slipknot
Nickelback

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
These are some artist/bands I would like to see in the bracket.

Bon Jovi
Metallica
Tool
Brooks & Dunn
Disturbed
Five Finger Death Punch
Guns & Roses
Kid Rock
Lady Gaga
George Strait
Kenny Chesney
Linkin Park
Matchbox Twenty
Michael Jackson
Motley Crue
Rob Zombie
Slayer
Slipknot
Nickelback
I would like to see exactly none of these in the bracket, which might explain why we've never done this before.

Reactions: Casual Fan

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Are we looking at only active bands? What is the criteria? Why are The Eagles, Led Zepplin not included? How about Dire Straits? And if Disco was your thing, the Bee Gees were a great disco band. Neil Diamond is a great crooner singer, not on your list. While some lame people like Nickleback , there is no argument that would put them on any list of 32 or 64 greatest bands.

Also why would we go to another site to vote? Do it like semi did with the NFL playoffs. A series of polls. Winner goes on. In event of tie, have a 3 or 4 way poll next round.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
There is nothing wrong with artists/bands and whom would you put in the music bracket? I'm trying something different here.
I can't quite figure out what you're trying to say in that 1st sentence, but I applaud your effort.
Are we looking at only active bands? What is the criteria? Why are The Eagles, Led Zepplin not included? How about Dire Straits? And if Disco was your thing, the Bee Gees were a great disco band. Neil Diamond is a great crooner singer, not on your list.
While I like more of those bands than Wolf's list, there are thousands of bands that could be in a bracket. Perhaps all that matters is that we pick bands that most of us agree on.

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
Are we looking at only active bands? What is the criteria? Why are The Eagles, Led Zepplin not included? How about Dire Straits? And if Disco was your thing, the Bee Gees were a great disco band. Neil Diamond is a great crooner singer, not on your list. While some lame people like Nickleback , there is no argument that would put them on any list of 32 or 64 greatest bands.

Also why would we go to another site to vote? Do it like semi did with the NFL playoffs. A series of polls. Winner goes on. In event of tie, have a 3 or 4 way poll next round.
No you can go with any band dead or alive and in any music category. I just named a few of the ones I like. I will probably add more if people ever participate. The bracket size doesn't really matter, I was going small because this is the first time we are doing something like this here and if more people participate and more bands ever get named, then the bracket will expand.

I thought of possibly placing everything on a site, where you can see the bracket and polls. I could do it in a music thread. But I also didn't want spam up the boards with so many threads. But after thinking of some new possible ideas, it might work. Maybe for an example, you can put a max of 10 options in a voting poll, allow multiple choice and just say the top 6 bands win and advance to the next around and it won't exactly be head on head competition like NCAA march madness style.

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
I can't quite figure out what you're trying to say in that 1st sentence, but I applaud your effort.

While I like more of those bands than Wolf's list, there are thousands of bands that could be in a bracket. Perhaps all that matters is that we pick bands that most of us agree on.
I was on break at work and I was typing it fast. What I was trying to say is:

There is nothing wrong with those artists/bands and whom would you put in this music bracket? I'm just trying to do something different here.

That what I been trying to say, we all name tons of bands here and have at least 3 or more agreements.

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
Wolf, you're the commissioner of this bracket... run it however you'd like!

We did actually do a bracket back in 2009, but it was 64 of the Sirius XM music channels.
The Bridge won, followed by Deep Tracks and the 80's.

Sirius XM Music Channels Tournament | Digital Radio Central
Thanks Aaron and oh yea I totally forgot about that and now remembering, I helped created another version of that. That was fun and interesting.

2011 SiriusXM Music Channels Tournament | Digital Radio Central

Last edited: