Do you think they'll talking about the new lineup at their earnings call today?

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by macfanatic010, Nov 10, 2008.

1. macfanatic010

macfanatic010 Member

Sirius XM is releasing their earnings & holding a conference call today at 4:30 I believe. Could this be the reason why they haven't said a word about the new lineup--waiting until today to officially talk about it?

2. siriusfan

siriusfan Member

Well they did put the ad in USA today. Strange that they would put an ad in the paper but not say anything to their customers. Why the secrecy? Its not like there is any competition to worry about. Actually, the way they are going about this gives me the impression that the transition behind the scenes is quite chaotic.

3. siriusnj

siriusnj Member

It's possible they could do a double release after the close - one for earnings, and one with the channel realignment. Hopefully will get some insight after the close today.

4. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Maybe use the ensuing chaos of the channel lineup announcement to hide how many millions of dollars they lost this quarter. :)

5. JoeTan

JoeTan Well-Known Member

Is this it??

[​IMG]

6. The Butler

The Butler Well-Known Member

That's the ad but not the full channel lineup. On the other 2 pages of the ad it says 69 channels of commercial free music. There aren't 69 channels in that ad. It just seems odd to me that there is no notice to subscribers.

Folks that post at sites like this are hard core sat rad listeners, but what about the ones that just listen in the car to and from work? Some guy in Pigsknuckle Arkansas is going to get in his car Wednesday morning and blame his wife or kids for messing with his presets.

7. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Member

My terrestrial channels change formats all the time. My cable company adds and deletes channels all the time.

Not once do they personally contact me.

Yet there is no rioting.

They'll unveil it, probably during the press conference. Then you'll all whine that you didn't get enough warning. And the dumbfounded man in Pigknuckle will figure it out on his own, either that or he'll start worshipping his radio as some god becasue he'll be so amazed that the channels magically changed that his core beliefs of the universe will be shattered.

I think he'll do just fine.

8. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Thats just great. Now Sirius XM will be responsible for another Waco!

9. Schlep

Schlep Member

Your cable company doesn't replace ESPN with Comcast Sports, the Discovery channel with nothing, the History channel with some old guy reading a book, and Comedy Central with the 24 hour Dane Cook network.

10. The Butler

The Butler Well-Known Member

My cable company has changed their lineup a number of times, and I always get some sort of notice before it goes into effect.