Do you guys think Bubba will leave when his contract is up?

Discussion in 'BTLS Archives' started by Snoozer, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

You're not kidding. Bubba fans can be some of the biggest drama queens. :jj:
    Well, Bubba would be in an earlier timeslot if he comes back, so that would free up the afternoons.

I think he'll be back, but either way, I'm not worried. At least there's still a Bubba show to listen to.

2. Snoozer

Snoozer Well-Known Member

Really? Earlier? I hadn't heard that. Is this new information?
    As for there still being one Bubba show, I guess that works if your in Florida. I'm in Canada. :(

3. IronJabroni

IronJabroni Well-Known Member

I believe his Florida show is available via Internet stream from the testicle station's website...I had the link but can't find it now

4. Snoozer

If its streamed live thats no good for me and probably others since Howard is on in the morning.
    Though I guess I could just listen to the repeat at noon.

5. Blitz71

Blitz71 Member

6. JoeTan

JoeTan Well-Known Member

It makes no sense to me for him to leave. What does he gain? Doesn't he make more money by just rebroadcasting on sirius or does he do 2 shows?

7. Davis

Davis Member

What do you mean rebroadcasting? He does two live shows.

8. Blitz71

Blitz71 Member

They do a morning show 6 to 10........go to the Clem Gym for a few hours.......Then do an afternoon Sirius show.

9. JoeTan

JoeTan Well-Known Member

Just take the money I say. What else is there for him to do? Eat?

10. IronJabroni

IronJabroni Well-Known Member

two shows a day is a lot of yapping...brent will keel over 1st from his throat problems

11. Snoozer

I'm sure he'd rather do one show a day and if Sirius won't pay up he may just do the "other situation" only.

12. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

It's not really new information, he said it an an article about Bubbapalooza. He want to do the two shows straight through and then leave for the day.

Copy and pasted from the btls.com forums.
    Station Websites

The Bone: http://www.theboneonline.com

Rock 105: http://rock105i.com

Dedicated Players

The Bone: WHPT_FM - Powered by StreamAudio

Rock 105: WFYV_FM - Powered by StreamAudio

Direct Feeds You Can Load Into Your Media Player (File, Open URL)

The Bone:
    http://www.streamaudio.com/stations...audio_com&t2=52e20d50d8da9532bb7d663b514f0d5c

Rock105:
    http://www.streamaudio.com/stations...audio_com&t2=52e20d50d8da9532bb7d663b514f0d5c

He still plans on doing both shows. Makes sense to me, he gets the FM audience and $, and he still gets to keep the nationwide Sirius audience and do Bubbapaloozas and sell merch.

My impression is that money may not be as big of an issue as long as Sirius allows the FM show to expand and Bubba can get paid that way.

13. Snoozer

Thanks for the info and links Chob.

14. jagger

jagger New Member

I don't get to listen to Bubber as much as I would like to anymore, just for an hour or two in the afternoon once in a while.
    What I would love to see is Bubba and crew take over the morning show once Howard retires to his mansion...that would be awesome. But if you look at how he has been treated in the past by Siruis management I really doubt that would ever happen:(

15. Chance00

Chance00 Member

FYI - he said today that if he gets another deal it will be for 2 years and he'll continue doing a show on terrestrial.

16. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

He's been saying that for a while. So the people crying about the FM show affecting the Sirius show will continue to do so for the remainder of the next Sirius contract if there is one. Oh joy. :rolleyes: :jj: It's going to be hard for him but it will pay off.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  17. Chance00

Chance00 Member

I think they've done a really good job at keeping the energy up considering the hours they work. Especially when you compare the show now to those 4-6 months where Sirius wouldn't let him do ANYTHING controversial.

18. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

They seem to have more energy now than they did at the beginning of the year. It may have something to do with the better relationship with Sirius. I think with their new schedule they'll do just fine.

19. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

I agree. I think the shows have been really good. It's sad that Tim S was censoring Bubba's show. I can't stand that guy. He fucks with Bubba because he doesn't have the balls to fuck with Howards show. I'm hoping for the best and he stays.

20. jagger

jagger New Member

Tim S is a dick