Direct adapter split to 2 different radios?

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Install Bay' started by RatherBePerfin, Dec 13, 2008.

1. RatherBePerfin

RatherBePerfin New Member

This is probably an odd question but I'm hoping somebody might be able to comment on it.

I've currently got my Stiletto 100 car dock installed in a 2002 Peterbilt 357, but will soon be moving it into a 2007 357 for the winter. I would like to be able to play the sirius in 2 different spots, but do not want to spend the money on yet another dock. Of course the first spot is in the driver's cab, and the second is in a body mounted cab where we spend most of our time while working. I know that the body mounted cab will never pick up the signal from a dock (as the docks hardly have a strong enough transmission for clear reception in the driver's cab). I have thought about the possibility of getting a direct adapter, and then some type of splitter that would allow me to run wires to both cd players. To me it seems like a good idea.

Is there any chance that this would not work well or reduce clarity being that the signal will be going through a splitter and then down 2 wires instead of 1?

2. Mopar86

Mopar86 Member

a maybe easier solution would be a strong fm transmitter, this would allow you to keep it docked and transmit a stonger FM signal. As for a splitter i have never seen one, but there might be one out there.

3. RatherBePerfin

RatherBePerfin New Member

Thanks for the input. I did some more thinking today and came up with a very easy solution. I am still going to do the direct adapter up front in the driver's cab. In the back, I am going to use the dock from my personal vehicle (since I only ever use it on long trips anyway), buy a new antenna and use the normal household charger to power the dock. Since the cd player has an auxilary input, I can plug into there from the output on the dock using a cord with headphone style jacks on both ends to.

It can be done cheap, and will allow for clear reception on both radios, and save me a ton of time trying to run wires.

4. Mopar86

Mopar86 Member

Good luck, let us know how it goes