did xm's strobe stop doing the friday and sat nite mixes????

Discussion in 'Dance, Latin, Int'l' started by ldivinag, Nov 11, 2008.

1. ldivinag

ldivinag Member

doggone it...

looks like this was part of the chopping block... :(

2. Thor

Thor New Member

XM's disco channel was Chrome -- and it's going away. The Sirius disco channel was Strobe -- and it's going away.

Adios, sayonara, auf wiedersehen, goodbye.

3. ldivinag

ldivinag Member

crap...

i listen to TWO friggin channels on both xm and sirius. and on both, it's STROBE and CHROME.

boy i wanna curse so badly right now...

4. VinnyM27

VinnyM27 Active Member

If both the disco channels are leaving, I might be gone, too! I'm listening to the Strobe right now (at nearly 2AM)....Why oh why can't they just be honest about this and tell us about the changes in advance. I just cancalled one radio that wasn't working (I don't doubt that they phased it out!)...I might just cancel my Stiletto, too! They got to have a disco channel!

I really hope this isn't true. BTW, the Strobe did have their Friday mix show (albeit a short one...the Freestyle mix at 9:30...I love freestyle!).

I guess it's gone! So first I was listening live and it started updating and there was no longer a 37! I couldn't believe it. I looked up and down but didn't see anything. But then I noticed something interesting...I looked on channel 4 (the lazy "40s on 4) and Marshall Jones or whatever was on with "I Burn". The next song was Themla Houston "Don't Leave Me This Way"....how ironic. Becuase after a surpsiing Strobe promo, a forties era song and thus no disco channel. I'm really thinking of cancelling since this is just such an insult to fans of that channel! It's a really lazy mix up of both systems now. I'm at least going to email them and threathen to cancel and then see what happens. I already canceled one non-working radio! Well have to wait and see what happens, I guess.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  5. ldivinag

ldivinag Member

F this...

both say to listen to their 70's decade channel.

F them. i dont want to listen to other 70s stuff. i just want 70s disco/dance music.

but hey... at least there's still tons of the F'in rock stations...

sigh...

6. smoke420

smoke420 New Member

This is a joke! No Strobe, no Chrome - and even no Backspin? But yet there are 97 rock stations (seems like it) and music channels that no one could possibly be listening to.

Fuck this. Time to cancel the last subscription.

7. VinnyM27

VinnyM27 Active Member

Part of me wants to cancel but another part of me thinks that with enough pressure, they'll bring back heavily requested channels like the Strobe and Backspin. It really pisses me off a lot, too. The 70s is not a good suggestion since they will ONLY play disco. If the 80s channel starts to play more freestyle and dance pop, OK. Frankly, that isn't a bad suggestion for a show!

PS Don't censor yourself. Cuss if you want to. These are frustrating times for subscribers!

8. Lisa1062

Lisa1062 New Member

Classic Disco/Dance

Hi,

I'm new to this board. I've only had Sirius in my car for 2 weeks because I got a new car and splurged on satellite radio. I'm still on my 3 months free. Of course one of my presets was "the Strobe" on Channel 37. I was also familiar with Chrome on XM back when AOL Radio included XM stations in their offering.

I'm so upset that they got rid of BOTH classic disco/dance stations. The remaining dance stations aren't remotely like classic dance. In fact, I personally think they are absolutely horrible. Even if they just had 80's freestyle, I'd be somewhat OK, but there is NOTHING for people who like classic dance.

I don't understand the decision because disco is a real music genre and it was music that influeced a whole generation and all sorts of culture/movies.

I wrote to customer care, but I've heard no response and its been over 5 days. So much for getting a reply in "24 hours".

Do you really think they might bring classic dance back. Have they brought channels back before?

9. VinnyM27

VinnyM27 Active Member

I'm shocked that a petition has not been started. All I can say is if you aren't canceling, you can always go on the Sirius wbesite and leave feeback in various places. Not only is disco a genre that deverse a format as much as several different types of classic rock, if you combine it with 80s area dance music, you got a really great mix. Right now I'm listening to the Disco show on the 70s channel and something is sourly missing. The setlist seems shallow even for disco (they played....Copacabana....I assume some XM genius came up with that cause it never showed up on the Strobe!). I know they are probably being flodded with responses about this and other changes. Just keep it up.

Has Sirius brought channels back? I don't think so but I would like to think that these changes were done very rashly and that after something like this merger and with enough feedback, they'll make additional changes. A Pop2k station makes no sense with both the Pulse and HIts 1! Also, a good current AC station (80s to now) like Starlite was would play stuff like that.