Did Stern address the Bubba replay fiasco?

Discussion in 'BTLS Archives' started by Smok44, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Smok44

Smok44 Member

I didn't tune in til 8 am this morn. What did he say if anything?

2. wwfmike

wwfmike Member

Yea. He's been ripping the fans a new one all morning for wanting what they had.

3. Smok44

Smok44 Member

Ripping us for what we had? Giving us good radio for 12.99/month then taking it away while we still pay? I think Howard is snorting the same thing as Artie !

4. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

He said go ahead and cancel because his hampton's house is paid for!

5. wwfmike

wwfmike Member

I'm not a Bubba fan but I'm on the side of his supporters. Howard has been pissed and complaining that people are saying they are the bosses just because they pay a monthly fee. He says people should be happy they even get the terrestrial show and that he is really looking forward to hearing what radio is like in Florida. You could tell Robin was upset when she first heard the story but didn't say much to show her disapproval.

6. Snoozer

Snoozer Well-Known Member

Well that sucks. I caught the end of it when I came into work so I'll hear the reast this afternoon.
    Sounds like it went as I expected.
    Shitty theres no more Bubba show.

7. robhurlburt

robhurlburt Well-Known Member

i thought he was a dick about it. Basically said "the channels are about me, (and even hinted that he was the only thing worth listening to on sirius), bubba's a bonus. Cancel if you want"

I don't listen to bubba, but thats what i got out of it

8. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

It's been all about Howard for over 20 years. This should come as no surprise to anyone that listens to the show. He's been telling listeners for years to leave him alone and stop listening to him if they don't like what they hear.

9. robhurlburt

robhurlburt Well-Known Member

its no surprise to me, but if I was a bebba fan, i would probably be pissed with his contract

10. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

Exactly. Although I got a chuckle out of him talking about the listeners who claim paying their $12/month now makes them his boss. Saying that every "common man" listener out there hates their bosses, but now that they are his "boss", they become a slave driving tyrant of the first order who demands 24/7 attention to their needs was harsh, but accurate.

Howard may be delusional, but this comment was right on. :bigthumbup:

11. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

I've been listening that long also. This morning I thought he went a step beyond. Seemed to me he went up into the contempt for fans stage. He.. who whines about everything in his life... called all the fans who were complaining (about Sirius broadcasting Bubba doing terrestrial radio 4 days a week) "whiners" and urged them to cancel. (Poor Mel... trying to hold this company together and Howard is urging the whiners to cancel) While he was at, he and Robin had a good laugh about the price of Sirius stock going up from 8 cents to 12 cents a share... and in passing he wondered if Sirius was going to survive. .. Looks like he's not going to come in Fridays...

12. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut Well-Known Member

Howard received five hundred million "fuck you's" from Sirius a few years ago, he's just using a couple of million of them on the people that believed in him and his plea to follow him to satellite for a radio "revolution".

You say you wanna revolution?

Well....we know.