Delphi ROADY XT

Discussion in 'XM Plug and Plays' started by goreds2, Nov 29, 2008.

1. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

2. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

RoadyXT's are nice little radios. I like my Roady2 better. I could never get used to the buttons...:scratch:

You can still find XT Pros at a lot of truck stops, but they cost about $75.00 with no home kit...:shock:

:)

3. MM

MM Administrator

I have a Roady XT I am trying to unload. It is a good radio but I have a newer one.

4. roscoryan

roscoryan DRC Graphics Guru

Hey goreds, the RoadyXT in that package is a SureConnect receiver, just so you know...

5. goreds2

Oooops, I did not see that. Good catch. It is still a good deal though. If your car has aux input or a cassette player, you do not have to worry about SURE CONNECT.

For those who do not know what SURE CONNECT is. A lot of people do not like it.

XM SureConnect

XM SureConnect Details and Info - Orbitcast.com

6. goreds2

Here is a good deal on a ROADYXT Home Kit.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Delphi-Roady-Home-Kit-SA10176/dp/B000AUMHVA/ref=pd_bbs_8?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1228674177&sr=8-8]Amazon.com: Delphi Roady XT Home Kit ( SA10176 ): Electronics[/ame]

7. ThomasM

ThomasM New Member

I have one of the original RoadyXT's (with the POWERFUL FM modulator!)

I use it at home but decided not to spend the $50 for a "home kit" so I bought this clever gizmo designed so you can use your car cellphone charger at home. It's a box that plugs in the wall and has a car lighter socket on it. I just plugged the lighter cord that came with the RoadyXT into it and plugged it in the wall! Works super and transmits XM to almost any FM radio in the house...maybe even the neighbor's house ;)

8. roscoryan

roscoryan DRC Graphics Guru

Sometimes I yearn for the old days, with great hardware like the RoadyXT, the MyFi, and even the good ol' SkyFi. Good memories indeed.

9. goreds2

I still have two MyFi's going strong. (Over 4 years old) :ter:

10. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I had one in my old car. When I got rid of the old car, the new one had integrated XM so I deactivated the Roady. It had a great FM transmitter and was adaquate. I didn't like the 2 line display but having only 1 in the car, I would appreciate it more.